Finished New britches for my FK.

I've been working on this cross draw pancake sheath for my Field Knife and it's almost finished. It's wet from forming and I still have to punch the belt loop holes, stitch around the belt loops and slick the edges. It's my first inlay (4th sheath ever) and I can tell you it was a pain in the ass trying to figure it out.

Last edited:
It's actual python skin. The whole skin measured out to a little over 9'.

I'll post more pics when I'm done. I going to give it a day or two to fully dry before punching the belt loop holes. I've been known to rush things but I really don't feel like starting over on this one.

Finally finished the sheath. A few mistakes but I'm happy with it. I lined my punch for the belt loop on the wrong mark and some of the dye leached over but here it is.

And my crappy attempt at photography!

Thanks guys, it is comfortable and it doesn't bang around on everything. I don't know if it's because it's on my weak side or what but I've only banged it on the chicken coup door once.

Very nice. I wonder how the python will hold up to regular use. Maybe show us a pic again in a year?

I'm curious as well but not overly concerned. I glued it to another piece of leather, like a laminate, and then stitched through both the Python and the backing to the cover piece. I will post as soon as it has some good miles on it. I hunt in the South Texas brush country and bow season started last weekend. I will be out every weekend until New Years, so we will see how it holds up to the thorns. This weekend will be its first trip out.

Back