Fire Starting Practice

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Pics of the process of making this fire in this thread.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1010916-Fire-Kit-Testing

DSC_0263crp.jpg

Looks like you had a good day out there. I need to get some practice making fire... I just use a zippo when I need to make a fire. I should probably learn other ways.

Looks like you had a good day out there. I need to get some practice making fire... I just use a zippo when I need to make a fire. I should probably learn other ways.

Yeah, it was a good time. I carry a zippo too, I like that you can strike them and then set the burning lighter under tinder if needs be...but yeah, it would be good to practice some other ways if you want to be out and about. I should have stayed Saturday night at the gathering and did a wet weather fire starting class on Sunday. I thought about it, but the vision in my head of everyone under the pavilion staring out at me in the rain starting fires made me laugh...

Yeah, it was a good time. I carry a zippo too, I like that you can strike them and then set the burning lighter under tinder if needs be...but yeah, it would be good to practice some other ways if you want to be out and about. I should have stayed Saturday night at the gathering and did a wet weather fire starting class on Sunday. I thought about it, but the vision in my head of everyone under the pavilion staring out at me in the rain starting fires made me laugh...
I would have come out there and learned. I need help learning it.

I would have come out there and learned. I need help learning it.

Ok, I've photographed the last two gatherings. Next one I'll put the camera down long enough to hold a fire starting workshop if Ethan is ok with the idea.

Brilliant trip report Misty and as usual, brilliant pics. Always good to see bushcraft theory being tested.

Fire starting workshop at the next Gathering would be very informative.

Brilliant trip report Misty and as usual, brilliant pics. Always good to see bushcraft theory being tested.

Fire starting workshop at the next Gathering would be very informative.

Thanks Gus, glad you liked it, and enjoyed the pics!

I can maybe do one at the spring gathering if Ethan is ok with it.

Me too. I've read all four books at least four times...really looking forward to seeing how they do with The Hobbit movie.

Me too, I was so relieved they settled their dispute with Peter Jackson as I can't imagine anyone else putting these books to film. The Hobbit was the first of the books that I read around age 13 and quite honestly might be my favorite book I've ever read, there's something really special about it.

Back