[first Look] Kershaw Nura 3.0 and Nura 3.5

Gorgeous blades but I do think there is a heavy GTC and Shirogorov influence in there.

Sinkevich has worked with Shirogorov, which explains the resemblance there. I do agree though, Sinkevich and Gus do have similarities, although I would say GTC's handles tend to be a bit more out there.

Damn KVT on China knives. I hope ZT will release other smaller knives with KVT. 0560 is a too big for me. If only the 0566 came with KVT :/

Sinkevich, yes finally! The man's designs are absolute genius and totally unlike anything out there. To use a ridiculous cliche, they genuinely look "futuristic". Obviously I would have preferred this to be a ZT model, but oh well!

Now just make a production ZT version of this:

dmitrysidismrbsflipper-01.jpg

I like it. I'd take 2 of each of hte Nura designs in S30V, or CPM154, or CTS-B75P....

Those look really good. I really, really like the way they incorporate the lock bar cut out into the design on the scale. I'll have to pick up a black wash Leek first though.

These both look really good, but I wish Kershaw would make these with aluminum front scales to reduce the carry weight a little. While this may increase the price, it would also help make them more competitive to the CRKT Ripples which fall into the same niche of relatively inexpensive, bearing-flipper edc knives.

The blade shape is very Shirogorov like. Looks like a great slicer but maybe a bit short for food.

Am I the only one who thinks that the handle looks a bit like the CRKT Lift Off?

It seems like a great knife for the money but would love to see a better steel at least. Maybe they could do limited runs in S30v or something.

Most single screw pocket clips I've seen have a clip that extends to the top of the folder, or some other unique solution to prevent bending and rotating, like:

2906-2%5Blarge%5D.1362066462.jpg

(The Viper Rhino in this picture.)

20130625_201009_zpsd816dfd7.jpg

So, I wonder how this will work?

Those Nura design by Sinkevich is very sleek. It's going to be a manual flipper with KVT too! For having a bit of a minimalist appearance, this knife has a lot going for it. :thumbup:

Most single screw pocket clips I've seen have a clip that extends to the top of the folder, or some other unique solution to prevent bending and rotating, like:

2906-2%5Blarge%5D.1362066462.jpg

(The Viper Rhino in this picture.)

20130625_201009_zpsd816dfd7.jpg

So, I wonder how this will work?

Probably the same way the clip works on a Strider knife. And keep in mind those are upwards of $400. My point is, if done correctly, the single screw clip should be just fine.

Very cool but it's just too busy for me. I prefer a cleaner, more minimalist look (aka plain g-10 scales).

The answer to the crkt ikbs knives.

I really hope so. I don't have any experience with KAI's bearings yet, but my lowly aluminum ripple flips better than all of my knives with caged bearings (with maybe one exception). I hope they spend a lot of time tuning the action of these knives.

Back