First Look-Les George/Wilson Combat EAGLE framelock flipper!

The link above shows in stock. Not sure if it's true, but clicking the pic takes you to the WC page.

Check out the change on the latest batch of Eagle Flipper's! Les George has added his name and steel type (CTS-XHP) to the blade….hope some of you guys were able to grab one! I believe they are already sold out! Well done WC and LG!

photo-8.jpg

Last edited:
Check out the change on the latest batch of Eagle Flipper's! Les George has added his name and steel type (CTS-XHP) to the blade….hope some of you guys were able to grab one! I believe they are already sold out! Well done WC and LG!

I noticed that. Awesome flipper.

cbec0a8db25029a7a4f0a0eae1047a96_zps5ac43ba7.jpg

My second one has a weaker detent but still quite nice and if anything a little smoother. I like strong detents. Also, the new one has a bit of a sticky titanium lock but nothing bad.

Last edited:
Highly underrated knife. Great ergos, terrific slicer, and what a flipper

I noticed the sticky titanium lock on mine too. It can be quite a challenge to unlock without using a lot of force. Do you think it will loosen up over time?

I noticed the sticky titanium lock on mine too. It can be quite a challenge to unlock without using a lot of force. Do you think it will loosen up over time?

Apply sharpie, let dry and go through cycles of opening and closing. Once the sharpie wears off re-apply and repeat cycles until remedied. Requires patience.

Highly underrated knife. Great ergos, terrific slicer, and what a flipper

Agreed. Way underrated!

I also like how thin and stunning-looking it is. The Starburst pattern covers both the functional and aesthetics aspects quite well.

I don't have anything that really beats it and that includes Hinderer, Reeve, Strider, Curtiss, Spartan and those great ZT limited editions like 0777 & 0888.

Last edited:
This one is on my someday list, a little more than I want to shill out at the moment. That being said, I have purchased 3 knives in the past month equivalent to this one in price.....:confused:

I saw that, but am very happy with the one I have. Thanks!

Bought one up over the weekend, now gotta wait for it to arrive. Going to call them tomorrow morning and see if I can get the shipping speeded up, have it by Tuesday.

I think the design is phenomenal. Good looking knife, and hoping it will be "The One" for me.

I have 3 Sebenzas, including a 25, but this design just speaks to me. Wanted one for several years, always never in stock before.

Any owners (spoken to RamZar over the weekend, and thanks RamZar, too!) have any regrets over purchasing one? How is it holding up?

Glad to help.

Shipping via UPS Ground from Arkansas takes forever to get to California so I empathize with your impatience.

I also have 2 Sebenza Small 21 with Insingo and Tanto blades, Sebenza 25 and Star-Tac (Umnumzaan). I use my Eagle much more than all of them combined. Now, if only they made a Small Eagle with a 3" blade I'd carry it much more due to our 3" blade limits here. I've asked both Wilson and Les so hopefully we'll see one.

Things changed suddenly. Remember I was wanting one without the new writing on the right side of the blade?

Not sure why, in reality it is probably much smaller than I fretted about and would grow on me anyway. You know how blowing up pictures can blow things out of proportion.

Turned out a fellow from Florida put one up late Sunday evening LNIB without the engraving so I quickly grabbed it. Shipped out already priority mail from Florida, should be here day after tomorrow. So I ended up getting the one I desired after all.

Thanks for your input, RamZar. I have a feeling this will truly be my new long-term EDC, as it checks all the boxes. And the stonewash Ti will hide markings more than a bead-blasted Sebbie like my 25 I've babied too much since the day I bought it.

I've already promised myself this Eagle will be a user, taken care of but used and appreciated daily. What a beautiful design, and I've not read a single negative review.

Wednesday can't get here fast enough!

Congrats. I use mine and the blade is all scratched up but I like it that way. Definitely, my most expensive user.

Mine will be in the same boat. I bought this one to use (but not abuse) and I'm really looking forward to it.

Driving back home at lunch (40 minutes each way) to be there when the mailman arrives. Never had anything stolen from it but no way I'm taking a chance now.

Not like you don't know what they look like, but I'll post pics when it gets here. Everybody likes pictures!

Back