First Order Since GSM Purchased Cold Steel

I used to order lots of Cold Steel products from their California facility back in the day. Especially during the holidays when they would mail out the flyers with all the great deals. If you called early enough your order was shipped that same day, and this was with standard shipping. It's a slight exaggeration, but it seemed like as soon as you hung up the phone there was a knock at the door and your order was delivered. I'm a 5 hour drive from Ventura, so most orders arrived within a few days.

I have continued to buy Cold Steel merchandise since the sale to GSM but not from them directly. Until last week. I received an e-mail about Black Friday Savings! So on Saturday November 25, I placed an order. Irving, TX is 1700 miles away so I figured maybe a week at the most, standard shipping. It wasn't until today December 1st that I got notification that my order had been shipped. Lynn Thompson would have had somebody's head on a spike for taking nearly a week to get an order out the door! I could understand nobody working the holiday weekend, but that order should have been picked, packed and shipped on Monday. Granted I used their free shipping so wasn't expecting next day delivery, but an entire week!!!!

Anybody else have any experience ordering directly from Cold Steel since the move to Texas?

Last edited:
I did during a previous sale.

I ordered a 3V Master Tanto in DLC and the order took linger than normal and then I received and email saying that they were out of stock and out of production and asking if I wanted to substitute it with the current 3V Master Tanto.

I agreed since it was still a good deal, but I would have preferred a DLC Master Tanto in my collection.

My experience wasn't typical since the product was probably included in the sale by mistake.

I have ordered from cold steel direct on big sales couple times in the past while Lynn owned it. I dont remember the exact time frames, but I do remember it wasn't exactly quick. pretty sure was least a week before it was shipped plus ship time etc. doesn't sound that much different from my memory.

Since I placed my order just two days after Thanksgiving it could be another factor. Who knows how many orders that they had to process when returning to work after the weekend! Maybe GSM has a skeleton crew working in the warehouse. An updated e-mail says that my order should arrive Monday December 4th. So I'm looking forward to its arrival.

Back