First post! Hello!

Gevir Knives

Hand made knives out of Nova Scotia, Canada
83F6B9AE-F724-4B81-9F89-1894325E5DA8.jpegHey all. New to this page but I’ve been making knives part time for over 6 years
I was mainly doing stock removal but moved onto forging last year
I use reclaimed high carbon steel from industrial saw mill blades mostly but will be using other steels in the future
Here’s some examples of my work, i use a lot of antlers in my work for handles but also wood so they’ll be lots of variety coming up
Thanks for looking, I’ll post available knives soon!
You can check out all my previous work and available knives here too : http//:www.gevirknives.com
*sorry for the odd angles of the pics, resizing seems to rotate them
8A8B3ECF-4BC7-4B6D-9374-F98456F1EB24.jpeg

B0829489-93CE-4631-B0BD-4D16B9620DB7.jpeg
7ED2463D-264C-44EF-9C95-CA39617976DC.jpeg
18203EAC-4209-4DB9-9C6C-10C50228AC3C.jpeg

That being said, anyone know why reducing my photo size makes them rotate 90 degrees counter clockwise?

Welcome to the forums!

No idea why your pics are rotating, but I use an app on my phone called “lower” which I use to resize pics, and don’t have that problem.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work - you’ve got some stiff competition here. :)

Some nice looking knives at your web site. I have one suggestion (for you and others): When you take photos of your knives, lay a ruler or tape measure next to each knife, so the blade length and handle length can be seen in the photo. That will cut down a bit on the verbiage in postings. Also, some people care mostly about blade length, while other people (like me) are more interested in the handle size.

Good luck.

I had a look at your site. Some beautiful knives there! These are all forged?

Some nice looking knives at your web site. I have one suggestion (for you and others): When you take photos of your knives, lay a ruler or tape measure next to each knife, so the blade length and handle length can be seen in the photo. That will cut down a bit on the verbiage in postings. Also, some people care mostly about blade length, while other people (like me) are more interested in the handle size.

Good luck.
Great advice going forward, I’ll for sure post all the dimensions when adding them up here

Great looking blades!!! Thanks for sharing them. Looking forward to seeing more of your endeavors!!
Here’s a healthy combo of both, I cut from stock for many years and started forging last year,

Back