First Post

Ordered the GH2 v2.0 from TNK yesterday. It'll be my first HTM and hand made/finished folder.

I'm trying not to get overly excited about it as I just know UPS is gonna sit on it for 4 days just to watch me smolder....OTOH, if Purolator delivers it (as they do for UPS where I am) then I have a good chance of getting it tomorrow! That would be sweet.

Give us a run down when it gets there.

It is a deceiving knife more elegant and perfect than I thought. I feel that I can carry it in places that many of my other knives would not be accepted, a nice compromise between form and function and I am all about function. :thumbup:

It is a deceiving knife more elegant and perfect than I thought. I feel that I can carry it in places that many of my other knives would not be accepted, a nice compromise between form and function and I am all about function. :thumbup:

Awesone Jeffa!
Use it and give us updates.

Packaged arrive via Purolator this am.

About the knife:

I'm going to be fully honest here....It's smaller than expected. Not a big deal, however, there is one issue. The flipper pushes against my finger when I grip the knife, in a less than comfortable manner. I figure I'll get used to it, but it does bother me a little, TBH. The edge is sharp, but not super sharp. Not hair popping sharp. But it's certainly sharp enough to not not complain about. Besides, since buying a Sharpmaker, I've had no issues getting hair popping edges on my knives. So it's all good.

As far as the rest of the knife goes. It's VERY light in the hand. Lock up truly deserves the term "bank vault". Fit and finish is as stated by others before me, "impeccable".
My model is the SAO spring assisted version (I believe there is a non-AO version too?), it kicks out pretty fast. Not super torque fast, but definite bad intentions. Got attitude for sure.

All in all, I'm liking it more and more as I play with it.

I did a double take when I looked in my package and saw this! lol Thanks Neil!
picture038nm.jpg

Oh! Neil sent me one of those Coffee Crisp thingies last week too! I'd never seen one before. They're quite good. Too bad I can't find them for sale anywhere around here. :(

I recently acquired the HTM-DDR GH2 from TNK. Here are my initial thoughts:

The knife came in the nylon customized DDR zippered pouch pictured. Even before taking the knife out of the pouch I could tell this was a lightweight knife. But that’s one of the reasons I selected this knife – I wanted a reasonably large, yet lightweight, folder.

The Handle design is what first prompted me to investigate this model: The stock pix on TNK’s web site don’t really show the green color on the sculpted (actually, scalloped) aluminum handles – I tried to capture this in my images – it’s subtle but certainly dark green. Ergo’s are pretty good, and the profile is moderate. The knife is very comfortable in standard grip, but a little less so in the reverse grip. The clip is medium-sized, and it is not a deep-carry set-up. Even though this knife is light enough and thin enough for the pocket, I’ll likely remove the clip and carry it in a leather belt sheath.

The SAO Action on the GH2 is a little slower than my other SAO’s (Benchmade, Kershaw, CRKT). The blade can be easily deployed by using either the dual thumb studs or by using the trigger. I like the trigger better, and I use the tip of my index finger to “trigger” it. A little flick of the wrist, simultaneous with the trigger pull, speeds up the blade opening. It appears as if it would be a simple task to remove the SAO spring and just use it as a manual opener. The only issue I have found with the knife is that when my thumb disengages the liner-lock, and I begin to close the blade, the trigger contacts the thumb almost immediately. So I have to just get the blade to start to close, and then move my thumb to the side of the frame before I can continue closing the blade. I’m sure this will get quicker and smoother with practice.

The Liner-Lock is as thick as some frame-locks. Lockup is solid, and there is no blade play whatsoever. However, the liner only runs about 3/4ths the length of the handle – it stops just beyond the middle spacer. I imagine this is to maintain the balance of the knife, since there is no liner in the opposite handle. The opposite houses the SAO mechanism, and it does run the full length of the handle. In the end, the balance is great as is. If the spring is removed to convert the knife to a manual opener, the balance would be affected to some degree, but not dramatically.

The Blade is a S30V drop-point Modified Bowie with a very generous belly and a moderate swedge. It’s shaving sharp out of the box, and sports only the HTM-DDR identification on one side of the blade; the rest is clean.

The Fit & Finish are great; not a flaw to be found out of the box. And for a price of $280, I think it’s a decent purchase, especially if you’re looking for a lightweight SAO folder with a generous blade and a unique design and appearance.

Here are the Specs:

* Military “Type II” hard coated aircraft TNK dark green sculpted aluminum frame
* Modified Non Glare Modified Bowie in CPM S30V blade steel; RC: 59-60
* 3D Machined ergonomic ETAC (Ergo Tactical) GRIP
* Hardened wear parts
* SAO- Spring Assisted Opening
* Adjustable stainless pocket clip for tip-up or tip-down carry
* .09 Thick 6AL4V Titanium lock
* Blade Length: 3 5/8"
* Cutting Edge: 3 7/16"
* Overall Length: 8"
* Closed: 4 1/2"
* Blade thickness: 0.125
* Screws / Thumb Studs / Pivot: Heat Colored 416 Stainless
* Standoffs: Heat Colored 416 Stainless
* Weight: 4.2 ounces / 117 grams
* Made in Galena, Ohio USA

Now for the Pix (also pictured with Large and Small Sebenzas for comparison):

IMG_6829auto.jpg

IMG_6788auto.jpg

IMG_6793auto.jpg

IMG_6800auto.jpg

IMG_6798auto.jpg

IMG_6803auto.jpg

IMG_6805auto.jpg

Great pictures. I've read various references to the anno being type II or type III. Perhaps Darrel can clarify. Either way, mine's holding up superbly.

We could customize a blade and make it shorter.
As for the frame I dont see that happening.
We might bring out a smaller knife in the future.

It is Type III
It is what is called HARD COAT.
It is thicker than other types.
We did a few in type 2. It is very tough also.

It is Type III
It is what is called HARD COAT.
It is thicker than other types.
We did a few in type 2. It is very tough also.

Which one is mine? Is there a way to check? I took delivery of it around March 29th of this year.

Hark
We made very few of the type II so I would speculate that it is type III.

Some of the pre-build data got out to dealers. We are trying to get them to update the information.

I got my HTM Gun Hammer DDSF with the hand rubbed blade this week. It's a knife you really need to hold to understand how nice it is. I ordered one because I saw a picture of it on Darrel's facebook page pics and just had to have one. Glad I did!

Oh wow man! Welcome Darrel! My Trigger Maze is in the "knife for life" category.

Welcome to your own forum!

Back