First sheath

Needs lots of work I know but I learned a lot doing it.

combo3.jpg

combo4.jpg

combo5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Patrice

Not bad at all for a first sheath. Why did you end up getting the little cuts in the top crease (the decorative one - by the opening).

Your finish is nice and even. That is a tough thing to get right!

What are you sealing it with?

TF

I say that's a fine sheath. Especially for a first attempt. Definitely much better than my first one! Keep up the good work! The more you make the better you will get.

Nick

Thanks for the good words guys.
The leather was already that color so I can't take credit for that. Next one I will dye myself so we'll see how that goes.
The little cuts are stitching holes. Pierced them all before I realized that it was actually not a good idea to stich the whole thing closed. :eek::eek:
I used tan-kote or bag-kote for the finish, can't remember which one.
The motorized burnisher did work real good with gun tragacanth sp?.

Thanks again.

Patrice

Nice! That turned out a hell of a lot better than my first one. Good job.

One of the best things about this particular subforum is the sharing of knowledge and photos. I think because of the information flow here, people's first time project are getting better and better.

I'm another who's first attempt was a far cry from this... Nice work.
The first photo had me wondering about the shape but then the last with the knife shows how nicely designed this is. It suits the handle shape perfectly.
Keep it up.!!

Thanks guys. One small question:
Is Bag-Kote the same as Tan-Kote? I used Tan-Kote since I could not find Bag-Kote that was suggested by Chuck in his most excellent DVD.

Patrice

Back