First sword finished

Howdy all...I asked for some advice here some months ago and promised to post pics when I was done...well here ya go :)

Attachments

• sword front.jpg
    sword front.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 442
Blade 24", OAL 35", 3/16" D2E, ti bolsters and tsuba, OD paracord over CF slabs :)

Attachments

• sword back.jpg
    sword back.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 347
This one was commissioned a few months ago and is owner is very happy. I'll probably make another couple some time once I get thru my mini backlog ;)

That is a very nice looking sword, can you tell us more about the making of it? Is it differentially tempered?

That is one Bad @ss blade! Congrats on your 1st...you have a great style...Hope to see more sword work from ya...very very nice

Stock removal, plain hardened to low/mid 50s (I never did follow that up with the HT guys...ooops...asked for 54)

Not wishing to pry, so what price range did this fall into? Went to your Website--like some of the stuff. You certainly have a style!

Neat.

I think it would be pretty slick to see one in the higher RC range, but I'm an edge freak.

Really cool looking piece, and very clean too! Hope to see more of your stuff in the future.

Re hardness: I was worried about the guy breaking it...the design brief was "battle ready" but as is so often the case it will most likely be on display.:rolleyes:

Keith, see that little www tab next to the email and profile tabs? That'll take you there or alternately www,ferretknives.com :)

Ferret, if I could ask how much does it weigh and where does it balance out at?

Weight is I dunno but I can weild it one handed OK (it is a 2 hander) and balance is at the plunge.

Hey Russ, here's a scabbard story! The one pictured is out of blackbutt...
So anyway, there I was in the workshop (with sword at home NEXT to scabbard waiting for the money to come thru) and I put a folder blade on some scrap blackbutt while doing something else. A couple of minutes later I picked up the folder blade and not only was the HT oil residue gone but the steel was stained black!:eek: :eek:
Needless to say I went septic at the place that sold me the timber (I told them what it would be for) and I'm making a new sheath. I would have cried if that wood had stained the sword...
That was a first scabbard effort too...have switched to 3 piece construction and it is much smoother. :)

About the weight: the owner is 6'5" and should be OK with it :D

Stained black! Yikes! That ladies and gentlemen is why I ALWAYS use linden. Although I could tell you horror stories about my first attempt at lining (I never use felt anymore either.) :) That scabbard does look pretty good there Ferret, if you don't mind my saying so.

Back