Fisk Military Upgrade Bowie

The mammoth is stunning, and dogstar is one of my favourite of Jerry's patterns. I love it!

Stephen

Kevin, I had the opportunity to coonfinger that knife. It really has it all. If you have to narrow it all down, it is THE KNIFE. I get to study such like knives and boy does it give me something to shoot for! Lin

Thanks Lin, Stephen.

You are fortunate Lin living down in knife country. You get the opportunity to see and handle some great ones, including your own. Can't wait to see your line-up for Jerry's this year.

Yes, I laughed :D as I read it.

I've been thinking about taking the Intro course myself. Not that I could ever become a maker, but it's very interesting and beneficial to a collector. At Jerry's micro show last October we visited the school and observed Steve Dunn's Damascus course. That alone was worth the trip to me. It's hard to take two weeks back to back other than the last two weeks of the year. No doubt Jerry would be an interesting instructor.
Kevin....unless you live in midtown Mnahattan, you can be a knifemaker. I live in the second most densely populated county in the US and I forge in my garage. I undersand about the two weeks. That is why I haven't done it already:D Maybe a good place to start would be to see if Jerry or one of the other guys down there in the Arkansas Mafia would do a bit of one-on-one coaching for 3 or 4 days. lol

Kevin....unless you live in midtown Mnahattan, you can be a knifemaker. I live in the second most densely populated county in the US and I forge in my garage. lol

Joe,you must have some happy neighbors? :grumpy:
I'm not worried about not having space, I'm worried about not having the talent.:D

I have no talent, dude.....at least as far as I am concerned...lol. The issue with you and I is that we have ben starring and, as Lin would say, "coon fingering" the work of the Masters for too long. I started putzing around in March of '05 and got serious after Balde '05. I had to quit from Jan to Oct of '06, but I have startedback up again in eanrnest. The point is that after 75-80 tries, I just now have some blades that i am comfortable having other people see. With the exception of the two i have posted on here and 3-4 old ones that i kept for sentimental or technical reasons, all the rest currently reside in the county landfill. A lot of folks have told me that I am hypercritical of my own work, but hey...the bar has been set high. I have seen a lot of what I consider badly designed and executed (read clunky and ugly) knives at gun AND knife shows over the years, but hey....if the customer is happy, i guess that is ok. My advice to you....get some training from your friends and do like I do......take REAL hazy preliminary pics to post on here and keep on hand sanding:D

Back