Photos Fixed blade with Titanium handle

I was so happy with my first UG-Tools knife (described here) that I decided to order a new model. These 3D-printed titanium handles are really addictive :D
The first knife was the UniTi "Scar" with bushcraft blade in Magnacut. This time it's a TiNy "Floe" with drop point blade in Magnacut.

xYumlhEh.jpg

The total length is 210 mm (8.26 in) and the blade length is 100 mm (3.93 in).
This "TiNy" model is smaller and thinner than my previous "UniTi".

gbuNEf4h.jpg

In fact it is so thin that the hollow handle cannot be used as storage cavity so there is no cap with a rubber ring like the one on the "UniTi" (there is only two recessed lanyard holes at the end of the handle).
The total weight is only 80 g (2.82 oz). In the hand it's a feather !
The pattern printed on the handle is grippy and, at least for me, very attractive.

The blade is a drop point saber grind profile with a stonewash finish.

WtguOewh.jpg

The steel is Magnacut at 65 HRC with a 2.8 mm (0.11 in) thick blade. This is much harder than the 62 HRC of the "UniTi" and the maximum hardness of what is realistically possible with Magnacut.

acKsxzgh.jpg

At first I was afraid of this hardness and thought there is a risk of chipping the blade. But if you look at the charts published by Larrin you will see that Magnacut at 65 HRC is still roughly double the toughness of M390 at 62 HRC :

magnacut-stainless-toughness.jpg

The sheath is the usual 3D-printed polyamide.

yf2FECQh.jpg

Size comparison with a Carothers EDC2 and a Spyderco Delica :

uXLbJI0h.jpg

And a top view sandwiched between a Hinderer XM-18 and a Delica (you can see that the handle is thin).

NGsSqMTh.jpg

My conclusion: That's a really cool high-tech knife (Magnacut and 3-D printed Titanium handle) and it's small enough to be used as EDC. Very happy with it.

NCV6Ig3h.jpg

Really nice review. I ordered one! Hopefully I have it on my doormat in 4 weeks.

They look like excellent designs all round!
Would love to see more pics of the sheaths as they look very well thought out and executed as well!

Nice!!! Aesthetically I prefer the larger one however both look like solid performers!!! Enjoy!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do/think of them..

I think I would prefer a nice satin finish on the blade to offset the gray of the handle. Those two look a bit drab to me, not that that has any impact on performance. Perhaps it's just in the photos. Of course it's also possible to give the titanium a bit of a polish.

I 'd really like to hear how the knives perform. Too costly for an impulse buy.

Edit: Ha, I see I already said something similar in the earlier review. Guess I still feel the same!

Last edited:
Have you tested the knife? And what are your thoughts? How was it sharpened?

I have tested it (as in "I already cut different materials") but I haven't tried to explore the limits of the knife. For example no batoning.
My conclusion : it's really an excellent EDC fixed knife. Ultra light and with a good geometry of the blade. The handle is thin but the size is perfect for my (largish) hand. The sharpening of the blade was good but not exceptional.
All in all I'm really happy with my two UG-Tools knives.

Back