Fixed blades

0-IMG-20240427-073455.jpg

0-IMG-20240427-074720.jpg

Years ago we use to make a lot of silk wildrags for sale. Ya didn't think cowboys wore scarves did you? These were extremely popular due to the type of silk and it wouldn't be unusual to sell 150 or so at a show.

om4GlKl.jpg

IQzcwWt.jpg

tzxoxXk.jpg

We made them from a special type of silk called sandwashed silk that we sourced from the Los Angeles Garment District, (think Tijuana in Arabic, Hebrew and Farsi).

There use to be a guy up here that passed away some years ago. He had built up a pretty good press and was experienced at making his own mycarta. Well I found a sheet of this in a box in a box under the workbench and had completely forgot about them. What did I find? A small sheet of Silkcarta he had made for me. Made of many and many layers of silk remnants from our wildrag production.

A Horsewright Vaquero with blue silkcarta handle scales:

EiBBVIQ.jpg

2Zjy1mJ.jpg

pzNxs1n.jpg

Funny thing I found another small sheet of woolcarta with the sheet of silkcarta. We use to make wool vests too. Sporting Classics magazine declared them to be: "The finest handmade wool vests on the planet, period."

PYn0OH8.jpg

Yep same guy made me this sheet of woolcarta too. I used it here on a Mestano:

iM2ufM2.jpg

0bzMc5i.jpg

MNEqfG8.jpg

Years ago we use to make a lot of silk wildrags for sale. Ya didn't think cowboys wore scarves did you? These were extremely popular due to the type of silk and it wouldn't be unusual to sell 150 or so at a show.

om4GlKl.jpg

IQzcwWt.jpg

tzxoxXk.jpg

We made them from a special type of silk called sandwashed silk that we sourced from the Los Angeles Garment District, (think Tijuana in Arabic, Hebrew and Farsi).

There use to be a guy up here that passed away some years ago. He had built up a pretty good press and was experienced at making his own mycarta. Well I found a sheet of this in a box in a box under the workbench and had completely forgot about them. What did I find? A small sheet of Silkcarta he had made for me. Made of many and many layers of silk remnants from our wildrag production.

A Horsewright Vaquero with blue silkcarta handle scales:

EiBBVIQ.jpg

2Zjy1mJ.jpg

pzNxs1n.jpg

Funny thing I found another small sheet of woolcarta with the sheet of silkcarta. We use to make wool vests too. Sporting Classics magazine declared them to be: "The finest handmade wool vests on the planet, period."

PYn0OH8.jpg

Yep same guy made me this sheet of woolcarta too. I used it here on a Mestano:

iM2ufM2.jpg

0bzMc5i.jpg

MNEqfG8.jpg

Awesome material...... Very pretty.... Nice blades and pants and scarves vests!😉👍👍👍

A couple of interesting ones in for new sheaths lately.

First this lil KaBar:

CZLufcX.jpg

cf8htK4.jpg

xM2TFWd.jpg

Some stories there in that lil KaBar.

And this fantasy Persian. This took some engineering on the inside with additional welts and fitting but got er done:

7of1a9Z.jpg

daGR1ls.jpg

8am8idU.jpg

Also, one of my own, was back for a new sheath. The customer wanted to have the additional option of carrying behind the right hip:

mTtZc43.jpg

MKh1IUa.jpg

The new Pancake sheath will go behind the right hip and the Horizontal sheath is the original that this knife, a Bandito, sold with. Its a crossdraw for above the left front pocket.

TqoCe7P.jpg

Back