• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Flat platens, radius platens, water cooled platen chillers.

These have started shipping out. :thumbup:

I'd like a flat platen as well if there are any still available.

I'd like a flat platen as well if there are any still available.

I frequently have a couple extra in reserve due to my inability to reliably count past ten without taking my shoes off. In this case there are a couple extras. :thumbup:

The flat platens are now sold out. Thank you everyone for a good sale. :thumbup:

Nathan I got mine today all I can say is WOW awesome job. Your one heck of a Machinist!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you very much..!!!!!

Nathan I got mine today all I can say is WOW awesome job. Your one heck of a Machinist!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you very much..!!!!!

I couldn't agree more. I had fun today putting my flat platen on the NWG. I also have two other platens I am building mounts for, hence, the additional pics. Nathan, if you ever build the same platen with a 1/8" radius (fillet as you call it) down both sides, sign me up.

IMG_0281_zps9a76ab89.jpg

IMG_0280_zps3e8ccc73.jpg

IMG_0279_zps49995248.jpg

IMG_0283_zpsbc8bfc50.jpg

IMG_0285_zps9745142e.jpg

Nathan, if you ever build the same platen with a 1/8" radius (fillet as you call it) down both sides, sign me up.

I second that!! I would be interested in one with a 1/8" radius down both sides!! That would be pretty awesome I think!!

Sorry guys, I just saw this. Yes, I have more material on order and will be starting another batch as soon as a machine opens up.

thanks,
Nathan

I second that!! I would be interested in one with a 1/8" radius down both sides!! That would be pretty awesome I think!!

I put a radius on the sides of mine using a 60 grit then a 120 grit belt I think it was. It works great and I can get nice plunges on both sides (with a j-flex belt) and never have to move the belt on my machine, I can keep the belt centered on my machine. I havnt tried anything thicker than 1/8" though. Very happy :thumbup:

A batch of flat platens is on a machine now.

Also, material for a run of high end grinding disks is on order.

Back