• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Flexxx Strop - How long should I have to Wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for the Flexxx Strop owners out there. Did you order from the Flexxx website, and if so, how long did it take you to get your order?

I'm not complaining, and I don't mind waiting a little while, I am just curious. I ordered a strop on 1-7-15, and haven't gotten a "shipped" notice yet. I don't want to be "one of those guys" and send an inquiry email if this standard procedure.

You should send an email inquiry. It's your money.
Why people continue to do business with banned members is perplexing.....

I've bought strops from others made to order and yeah it does take a month to 6 weeks usually. Long wait for something you could just make yourself for cheaper and in probably 1 day after getting the supplies. I'm making my own from now on.

I had no idea he was banned. Is there a thread with the background info?

I had no idea he was banned. Is there a thread with the background info?

Not one visible to members. He was banned for repeatedly selling his wares without the appropriate membership after repeated warnings to upgrade.
His alter ego, Tasha or Mrs. B, was caught sneaking back in and subsequently banned also.

did you order directly from him, or from a retail outlet that sells his stuff?
if you ordered directly from him, send him an email and/or try contacting him on the forum he currently post on.

I ordered a Flexxx Strop as a Christmas gift in 2013. I believe the one I order was shipped within a few days.
I agree with Karda, you should contact him.

In this case it may be because they didn't know he was banned. (I didn't know he was banned until you mentioned it. I see now it happened before I joined.) A dealer on bladeforums carries Flexxx Strops. Also, a respected knife maker here has recommended them in the past. (That is why I ordered from him) Also, there was no sarcasm intended. I just thought that might explain it.

Let us know when your strop ships, Badey.

did you order directly from him, or from a retail outlet that sells his stuff?
if you ordered directly from him, send him an email and/or try contacting him on the forum he currently post on.

I ordered directly from him.

I'll send off an email this evening and let you guys know what he says.

if that's true, it'll have him out of commission for 6-10 days if it runs anything like what's been going through my coworkers.

Just an update:

I sent my email on 1-19-15. I never received a reply. However, my strops came today.

They were sent 2 day, and the postmark was from the 20th, the day after I sent my email.

I'm satisfied, but I would have liked a reply to my email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back