Flexxx Strops?

How do you like your Felxxx Strop? Moe specifically, how hard and smooth / rough is the leather?

I have the field strop. Very nice craftsmanship. The leather is smooth and pretty hard IMO. I don't use it anymore. I get way better results with my MarcusB and Stropman strops. They both use softer rough side leather.

I believe that Flexxx is a banned member here. If you do a search I think that you may find good reason to avoid doing business with him.

I believe that Flexxx is a banned member here. If you do a search I think that you may find good reason to avoid doing business with him.

So I did a search and found one thread where he was a couple of days slow to ship a strop, but the OP was happy with how it was resolved. In that thread, there is one reference to him being banned for not having the correct membership level. I have found a ton of other threads where people praise the quality of the product, and multiple BladeFroums.com sponsoring vendors carry Flexxx Strops.

I appreciate you giving me a "heads-up," but can you please provide more details about the "good reason to avoid doing business with him." I don't want to get ripped off, deal with poor customer service or buy a sub-standard product. Also, if there is another strop maker out there that you prefer, please tell me.

Ive ordered from him and had 0 issues. Hes done some custom work for a field strop for me even and it was a great experience. Not sure what his history is here but Id recommend him without issue. My 2 cents.

So I did a search and found one thread where he was a couple of days slow to ship a strop, but the OP was happy with how it was resolved. In that thread, there is one reference to him being banned for not having the correct membership level. I have found a ton of other threads where people praise the quality of the product, and multiple BladeFroums.com sponsoring vendors carry Flexxx Strops.

I appreciate you giving me a "heads-up," but can you please provide more details about the "good reason to avoid doing business with him." I don't want to get ripped off, deal with poor customer service or buy a sub-standard product. Also, if there is another strop maker out there that you prefer, please tell me.

ncrockclimb, Can you email me got a question for you. jwt355 at comcast dot net thanks man.

just get some leather and make your own strops!its really easy to do,saves money for new knifes.

I am not going to do a bunch of homework for you. I don't think that this is the only forum that he is banned from. Hrere is a start. Stropman gets my money. Good luck.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...w-long-should-I-have-to-Wait?highlight=flexxx

I am not going to do a bunch of homework for you. I don't think that this is the only forum that he is banned from. Hrere is a start. Stropman gets my money. Good luck.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...w-long-should-I-have-to-Wait?highlight=flexxx

Did you even read that thread? It is the one I mentioned and the OP was happy with the product and neutral on Flexxx Strop's customer service. A lot of posters in that thread were happy with Flexxx.

I did not ask you to do my homework. Rather, I wanted you to support your statement with details and more information. If you are not willing to (or cannot) do that, maybe you should not have made your derogatory comments about Flexxx in the first place.

FWIW, I purchased a strop from another seller. However, if I don't like that strop I will probably give Flexxx a try.

I had many deals with Paul from Flexxx, all excelent. Even when some mistakes were made with the order, he fixed it promptly and courteously.

Flexxx is a nice guy and is a valued member over on the esee forums and so what if he's banned? Flexxx makes a great product and provides great customer service.

To each his own... We all know how you treat members on their for sale threads on other forums in particular and you know which one I'm talking about....

Last edited:
I really appreciate all the feedback. I am always cautious about with whom I spend my money; there are too many horror stories about small companies in the knife and outdoor goods market screwing their customers. Seeing so many folks express their support for Flexxx makes me confident enough to give them my $$s.

FWIW, it reflects very poorly on the credibility and character of anyone who maligns the reputation of a company with no supporting evidence.

Edit to add...
How firm is the leather on their strops? How well do the strop take compound? It is very difficult to get compound to adhere to some hard strops, and I want to apply my own compound (Stropman!) to a Flexxx Strop if I buy one.

Thanks again!!!

Ncrockclimb, like you i prefer a plain strop so i can add my own compound. You need to tell Paul that you want the strop without compound and becspecific about it, since his strops come with compound already applied.
I find the leather of very good quality and it takes compound well.
Once you tell him your preference, he send it to you

FWIW, it reflects very poorly on the credibility and character of anyone who maligns the reputation of a company with no supporting evidence.

Well said sir. Especially when it's a small company or individual maker just trying to grind a living doing what they love.

What strop did you go with if you don't mind me asking?

I got a "12" XL Double Sided Paddle Strop" from a company that I don't think is a sponsoring vendor. I am happy with it. However, my wife ordered me a StropMan Big Boy strop as a present. It is not here yet, but I expect that it will be my go-to strop for the foreseeable future.

Back