Florence Renn Faire

Triton

Gold Member
I went to the Renn Faire held in Florence, Alabama today. In all honesty it was pretty depressing. There was not a single sword maker there although there were plenty of swords if you could call them that. They were all of the wall hanging stainless variety. Most of them were not even higher end wall hangers but instead thost pitiful brass, wood and stainless monstrosities imported from Pakistan.

On the brighter side I did find a guy who was selling some pieces that I can use as scabbard accents which I will have up on my site soon and even better he said that he can custom design new accents for me for a very reasonable rate. So the question is guys is there anything that you want to see as a scabbard accent? Fancy celtic knots? Animals? Viking stuff? Scottish stuff? Give me some ideas here. Better yet how about some pictures or line drawings? I'll make you famous... :)

Well, being pagan, I wouldn't mind if I had a scabbard accented in such a way as to subtly (or even not-so-subtly) reflect that. Of course, I don't have anything in need of a scabbard yet, so I guess that's kinda moot. :)

What about blank discs or bars, which could be later engraved with customer-requested designs or text? (i.e. Norse runes, Irish Ogham, etc.)

It's a thought, anyway. Maybe not a good thought, but a thought.

Jon
AKA "Halloweenie"

Back