Florida Knife Laws

I am going to Florida, specifically Panama City on a 30 day temporary work assignment. I will be bringing a 3.5" non auto, non assist folder. Anything I should be aware of? I looked a little at the State's laws, look pretty good.

As to blade length, the Florida Supreme Court gave recognition to the 4 inches or less standard as being presumptively “common.” Pocketknives with blades longer than 4 inches do not have the benefit of the presumption.

Looks like you are good to carry

if its helpful
Well, I see they finally changed their website. It used to claim that there was statewide preemption on knives and there never has been. At least they finally fixed it.

I think the AKTI web site does not deal adequately with case law for people who do not have a concealed carry permit. For example, https://casetext.com/case/cr-v-state-23. Practically speaking, it all seems to depend on the police officer, the prosecutor, the judge, and the jury.

I do not want to bother with a CC permit, so I now open carry anything other than a small, non-serrated slip-joint. But I was perturbed recently when somebody mistook a neck knife that I thought I was wearing very openly for a "vaping thing".

Back