Flower etched SAK's

So I just bought my first Electrician alox SAK. I wanted a red one and went on Ebay and got one.

When it arrived I noticed it has an etching of a flower:

yeiGLdr.jpg

GvOkfcd.jpg

And then I looked at other colors f.ex this green one here with the edelweiss flower:

2fGMfRa.jpg

Does any one know the meaning of these etches with flowers and why they are there? Are these SFO’s of some sort? There was very little info in the listing, it was partly German and the only thing it says is that there is a flower “print” and that it is “selten” which means rare in German.

I know it probably isn’t very rare or anything and I am using it as office carry like any other knife. I am just looking for info as there was nothing when I tried my google skills..

BTW if anyone are interested there is 4 more left for sale in this listing.

It is almost certainly a special factory order from a dealer. Until four or five years ago Victorinox produced a wide variety of special Alox runs in a dizzying number of colors for dealers and clubs. While they continue to do this, around 2015-2016 they restricted the color palette to red, green, blue, and black, and they required dealer logos on the back scale. More recently I believe they've required a dealer ID on the blade as well. I used to know which Swiss dealer made prominent use of an edelweiss logo, but it escapes me at the moment.

Great knife, BTW.

Could they be commissioned by the Swiss govt for issue to the actual Swiss Army?

Thank you guys, I'm still not sure what to think of this.

I've sent a query of to the mothership and I'll post here if I get some info.

Perhaps a special order, branded product for this chain of stores?

They sell SAKs and all sorts of Swiss branded stuff, including Edelweiss braces (suspenders in US English?).

https://www.edelweiss-shops.ch/en/souvenir/various/908/braces-edelweiss-blue?c=145
I believe this is the correct answer. They have done special Victorimox orders in the past and I have ordered from them. Much like GEC, Victorinox started requiring a blade etch on the special orders.

Back