FMV14 Nuke Inbound

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by zmbhntr, Dec 11, 2018.

1. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi

Oct 24, 2013
    When the Flack Jack was released it did sound like it was going to be a rare bird. Sale ends when we run out type deal.

2. TENTEX

TENTEX Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Finally got some sun here in DFW

[​IMG]

Currawong likes this.
  3. Murman

Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    I messaged Garth, he said according to the last pic of mine it looks like dark tigerhide. So both of mine being my top choices of never released materials makes me pretty happy with them!

Crosier and PeteyTwoPointOne like this.
  4. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    So that leaves mine and the other in limbo because certainly different - Also on the snowhole, the contour and cuts are so different between the FJ and the V14 I can see where they wouldn't look the same. The FJ has more curve to it exposing the layers differently. That's going to be a major factor in overall appearance I would imagine.

Murman likes this.
  5. Murman

Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    Im guessing they tried tiger hide several ways and these were the samples. That would explain different variations of tigerness. Tentex has dark every other layer whereas mine is every 5th layer.

6. Murman

Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    Im diggin this gray black g10!

20190203_195406.jpg

7. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb

Sep 26, 2015
    I may be the last one, but My Nuked FMv14 gets here this monday! Will post pictures as soon as I can :D

8. Murman

Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    We're waiting ;)

9. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb

Sep 26, 2015
    So, big surprise, UPS messed up the delivery *again*
    And by that I mean, this time they didn't unload it from the trailer this morning. I even called and they told me it should be on the truck out for delivery, but it never was. (I went to the distribution center after the trucks were back and asked about it. They told me the truth, at least.):confused:

Sorry for the mini rant.:p Stuff like this just happens with every package I get from them, it seems.

Anyways, I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow around 9am.:D I told them just to leave it at the distribution center:thumbsup:
    Pics will follow!

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  10. Murman

Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    Presidents day today was a postal holiday

11. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb

Sep 26, 2015
    Not for UPS, it's not one of their observed holidays. Like I said, I both called and later visited the distribution center. Everything was going like normal:thumbsup:

But it's not a huge deal, I'm not usually one to make a fuss about little things, I was just a bit frustrated earlier. I can just get it tomorrow; what's another day?
    Gotta keep things in perspective:) I know; stuff happens, just like with any other job/service.

12. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb

Sep 26, 2015
    It's a smooth black dress, and she looks good in it:D
    Black paper micarta on this one!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tanhao, Murman, fonedork and 2 others like this.
  13. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    As Nigel would say "that's really black" :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: sweet!