fod's sample knife

Jarrett Fleming

A few weeks ago Dylan from shadetree contacted me about making a knife to show off 8 different of their materials. The result is the oddest handle configuration I have ever done. It reminds me of a quilt :D The guy's at shadetree are going to use this knife to take to shows so people can get an idea of what the materials look like after shaping them.

Anyways here is the knife

Even the liners are shadetree!

Well that's a truly unique handle to say the least---pretty cool Jarrett:thumbup:

That is pretty darn cool, Jarrett .. impressively so.

Reminds me my granny's patch quilts crossed with VW Golf harlequin editions from 20 yrs ago.

vw-golf-83.jpg

I love it! That is a patch work quilt! My mom used to make them with her club for charity.

Nice knife altogether.

Thank you Esav!
My great grandmother used to make quilts like that too. My grandmother still has quite a few of them.

Whoa!! It is certainly unique......:D.

That knife should be used in a field sobriety test. If the driver stares at it too long.........he's busted....;).

No matter the 'colorful' scales.........I bet it feels great in hand and the F&F is perfect!

Hope you're feelin' better Jarrett.

Very cool blade! Nice job. All those bolsters couldn't have been easy to make. Looking good Jarrett. :thumbup:

Thank you Joe! The bolsters were kind of a pain. It took a lot of different glue ups to complete the handle on this knife. I'm sure there are probably easier ways to go about doing this, but I did it my way :D I think it turned out pretty good.

That is too cool! I love that red and brown burlap at the top of the handle on the second picture near the blade. Is that the drunken burlap or something else?

Back