Folder above 4"

Hello.
A am new here, welcome everybody.
I am looking for a production folder with a blade lenght above 4". Everything I found is Camillus CUDA MAXX. Everthing else on the market?
Sorry for bad english.

Welcome to Bladeforums! :D

Does it absolutely have to be larger than 4"? Most laws restrict knives to under 4", so I would imagine there will be a lot more options under four inches. In fact, there are many excellent options right around four inches.

However, the CUDA Maxx is an excellent choice for a large folder.

Welcome to Blade forums~!!! I hope you have a nice stay.

There are MANY, MANY good folders with over 4 inches in blade length. The first that comes to mind would be Spyderco. They have TONS of QUALITY folders that most knife nuts love.

I would start there. You may also want to look at New Graham Knives. You can browse their selection and get a feel for what you're really looking for.

Good luck!

In Poland, there are no rectrictions.
I want a folder to fight with, and with a utility blade (not a tanto for an example).
I love SIFU, but, you know :(

Other options might be Cold Steel's Vaquero Grande and Large Voyager. They have 6 inch blades and fit well into the fighting folder category.

Originally posted by Lord von Banan
In Poland, there are no rectrictions.
I want a folder to fight with, ....w :(

don´t tell that the police when they ask you why you have that knife.
`i´d say: " officer I use a big knife to slice apples, becouse I´m clumsy with more delicat knives and fear I´d cut my self.I can´t stand to see blood..."

matthias

Welcome to Bladeforums! :)

Big blades ... lots of them ... usually fighters, too. Take a look at the SOG Pentagon Elite II with a 5" blade. It has an "arc" lock, SOG's version of the axis lock.

For a different sort of knife, just over 4", there's the Emerson Persian.

Common folders over 4 inches:

Spyderco Police (Just over 4 inches at 4&1/8).
Cold Steel XL & XXL Voyager.
Cold Steel Vaquero Grande.
REKAT Sifu.
SOG Pentagon.

You might try a Gerber Applegate Fairbairn Folder. I think they have a 4.5" blade.
Lagarto

I have recently purchased a Cold Steel Voyager XL Clip Point 50/50 folder. This is a knife with a 5” blade, ½ of the blade I serrated. I am impressed with this knife, wickedly sharp, tight joints, good grip handle, sound lock, easy open, and a real cutting tool. I recommend this knife; also I see Cold Steel offers a 6” version of this knife, XXL Clip or Clip serrated blade.

Vman, welcome to Bladeforums! :)

I have been beating on a CS Vaquero Grande for a few years now. I got a XXL Voyager and thought it could take the same abuse. It could not. The blade rippled and a chunk broke off. The hollow grind and perhaps that batch of steel couldn't take chopping through vines and branches. It is probably still a fine knife for slicing people, but I wouldn't count on it for hard stuff. :eek:

Back