Folder by Gene Ingram

Hi All. I just saw a pic of Gene Ingram's Friction folder in D2 and blk. Micarta. It is a REALLY nice folder. He put one of his signature D2 blades in a Sodbuster handle and the end result is amazing. I hope Gene will post a pic or go to his web site. Of course, now is the time I'm out of money!

If this is the knife you are referring to, it's a slipjoint and not a friction folder. (Forgive me if I'm not posting an image of the correct knife.)

Gene and I have been discussing his sodbuster over the phone these past few days as my turn has come up on his list and he's getting ready to build one for me.

Should be a winner by all accounts.

orig.jpg

Blues, please be sure post some picture of your Ingram sodbuster once you get your lucky little mitts on it.
Don't exactly know when my name will come up but I am somewhere on Genes's list for a sodbuster myself.

Will do, Rob. He actually had one made the other day which he was going to send but when we discussed my particular likes and dislikes he asked if I'd mind waiting for him to make up another one that would better suit my preferences.

You gotta admire a maker who takes his craft seriously enough to want to fine tune the knife for the owner.

Elliott,
Since you have one of these on order & have discussed it with Gene,can you please answer a question I have in regards to this knife ? I was curious ,are the liners reileved ,or not ?
I'm pretty sure he is doing a large & small version,looks really nice.
Thanks ,
-Vince

Blues---It is a friction folder. Contact Gene and he'll show you a pic. The knife looks just like the SB but it's a FF. And I'm out of money!!!

Being out of money isn't good, but getting on Gene's list will give you time to save. :thumbup:

Elliott,
Since you have one of these on order & have discussed it with Gene,can you please answer a question I have in regards to this knife ? I was curious ,are the liners reileved ,or not ?
I'm pretty sure he is doing a large & small version,looks really nice.
Thanks ,
-Vince

Vince, I'm pretty sure Gene uses bushings in this knife. (I'm getting the small which is 4 1/8" closed, a near perfect size (imho) for edc.)

Vince, Gene just wrote me and said that he uses .005" bronze bushings in the sodbuster.

Also, he included some images of the friction folder, and it's a beauty:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Elliott, can't wait to see pics of your folder when it arrives. Gene's work is really special. I'll bet his sodbuster will be a keeper.

Gentlemen, that's the best looking Sod Buster that I've ever seen. No wonder Gene has such a long waiting list!

A tremendous friction folder, really got me thinking . . . might have to drop Gene a line :)

Elliott, can't wait to see pics of your folder when it arrives. Gene's work is really special. I'll bet his sodbuster will be a keeper.

I'll get some images and impressions up as soon as I can, but I suspect your take is right on. :thumbup:

Back