• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Folders, Single or multi bladed?

What a great post. I notice when people seem to favor one blader folders. One maker from Montana named Dan Nedved said he did a Barlow
for the MKS show in Great Falls last year because he didn't like the feel of the other blade in the handle when he used a knife.
I feel the same way, I love the old style construction, but prefer one bladers. My favorite is a Case Grand-Daddy Barlow or Sunfish pattern. I have been collecting Case Copperlocks for a long time because I love that they have only one blade. I wish I could get a MOP one! I have some multi-blades and will use them if on hand, but when I design or dream of knives they are one bladers. I like to carry a Hubertus 09 auto-opener, or a slipjoint and when not at work(since I paint and work around alot of dirt and junk)I like to carry a Randallmade fixed blade, like my model 26. I would like a carbon steel slipjoint. Ed Schott said he'd do one when he gets in folders. I'll let everyone know how it turns out and works for me when I get it.

IMHO, I think single bladed folders are the best(for my needs), besides, then you can justify buying 3 knives over, say, a stockman.
However, I do carry a Leatherman Wave, and I am quite pleased with it, although(albeit a tad off topic), I am discusted with the mysterious rusting of the textured areas at the ends ot the handles.
I, as others, find SAK's to have rather in-proficient handle ergonomics, and the slip-joint blades are an accident waiting to happen.
I also don't like the feel of gripping another closed blade while I am performing rigorous cutting tasks.

------------------
"All of our knives open with one hand, in case you're busy with the other"
<OVAL OFFICE JOKE>

Gary:
I carry two single blade folders, one is an Uncle Henry single lockback for small jobs and the other is the Uluchet (opposing stop lock) for everything else.

------------------
P.J.
YES,it is sharp, just keep your fingers out of the way!
www.silverstar.com/turnermfg

I prefer a single locking blade. I'm developing a preference for the Buck 110 (and similar models) because I like something bigger than a pen knife. These seem to have found a home in my stable.

Back