Folders with Talonite Blades

This stuff is right up my alley. I think ill make a few folders with ti handles and Talonite blades.. ANY comments?

Darrel,

According to Tom Walz of Carbide Processors, their sample stock is dwindling fast....not sure what the minimum order is although I do remember seeing it somewhere (perhaps on their web site). But this stuff is expensive...well over ten times ATS-34 cost. I know the CPM is dear too but not this much.

A Ti/talonite folder eh? Sounds intriguing. A new design or an established one? I know you use CPM420V in your Kraits (BTW nice review in a recent mag!!!) but this talonite stuff seems to cry out for pure function without any appreciable art influence. Am I offbase here in my thinking? That's been my input to Trace and Rob...pure function which their designs that I choose already reflect, and no push towards high or mirror polishing...a working blade with a working finish.

-=[Bob]=-

Yes a pure function knife would be in order here im sure. Just a satin or bead blast handle, Maybe grooved for grip, and a scotch brite finish on the blade.. ..in a folder that works very well HUM .....

Darrel; sorry for the delay, but the piece of Talonite (r) measuring 3/16 x 1 1/2 x 10" is on its' way by priority mail.

Contact me after it arrives, and we can start talking about what sort of knife to make out of it.

Thanks for taking on this enterprise. Walt

My dream folder.

The blade:
3" - 4" drop point, flat ground, lots o' belly, slightly downward angled (= forward rake), semi satin finish.

The handle:
Titanium, horizontal grooves (not slottet), rounded on top and bottom, ergonomic to fit the palm (reverse bananashape), bead blast

The lock:
Puuleezzz an integralock. There aren't just enough of that type out there.

In a nutshell I'm dreaming up a fusion of Bob Lum's chinese folder and Missions MPF.

Back