Food and knives

As we all know, food prep is one of the biggest uses of our knives. I use my JK Field Knife for most of my food prep. I like to cook, and have ideas rolling around in my small head all the time for how to get multiple meals outta whatever I buy. Today I am using some leftover beef and potatoes-I'm going to crank out some hash with eggs for me an the boys for supper. Yummy.

Soooo, post up guys, feel free to share pics, recipes, stories, both in house and around the campfire.

I`m thinking that this model, made out of 3/32" stock, would be good for cutting up vegetables and stuff. It has pretty good clearance for the fingers, so you could use a rocking motion.

2s1smyo.jpg

2n1g9p5.jpg

I luuuuv me some hash. Corned beef or otherwise. I use beef, potatoes, and minced onion. Add a little milk to help it bind and brown. The secret to good hash is to let it brown--almost burn--after it's cooked through, to form a nice 'crust.'

Okay, I'm hungry now.

I took my JK hunter out with me today looking for rabbits. I was hoping for some pan seared Lapin. Got skunked, figuratively, not literally. :D

The hash was delicious! We had it for lunch. I wanted it so badly that right after I posted up I went and made it. Ate like kings. Then I broke down and we had some meat-lover's pizza for supper from Papa Murphy's.

I'll try and get some pics up of the hiker chopping up some salad. I thought your Bird and Trout looked awesome, perfect even but I promised Mrs Pit " No more knives !"if she relents then the Bird and Trout it is !!!!!!!

I use my field knives a little in the kitchen but once you use a good Santuko, it's hard to use anything else. My son is a Chef and got me hooked on good kitchen knives.

My JK Sandwich knives are great in the kitchen, 3/32 01 with a five inch blade. I can't show a picture as I gave those three to the kids for Xmas. John is making me a couple more in the next few months. Maybe he still has a picture.

I think I have 15 JK's.

Back