For JDCavSD

JK Knives

JCavSD contacted me about making a knife for him from a drawing he sent. Here are the specs:
11 3/4" oal
6 1/4" edge
3/16" thick O1
1 1/2" tall blade with a 1/4" guard
contoured tan micarta handle with brass pins and black liners
extended pommel with 2 lanyard holes
thumb notches

This is how it looks. It will come with a dangler sheath and matching handle firesteel. What do you guys think of this for a camp knife, that`s what his plans are for it.

20a9a1h.jpg

sooku8.jpg

I like the lenght and the contoured handles on that one John looks like it would make a great camp knife .

That looks fantastic. I wouldn't feel under-knifed at all with that for a camp knife.

Nice knife. I especially like the pommel. That's a slightly different look for you, John.

Good choice in handle material.

Really looks fantastic John...glad I came to you with the idea. Can't wait to try it out next week and report back.

John,

Took this thing out for two days of hard yard work. Between your blade and my Fiddleback chopper there was nothing I couldn't tackle. Sure, a chain saw would have made more sense, but what the hell. My arms ache, but in a good way. I'll post pics as soon as my PC is back up and running. Nice work on the Nexus, much appreciated.

Love the exposed pommel. John has made me a couple with that feature. Great looking knife and sheath.

Back