For PB Wilson

JK Knives

PB Wilson ordered one of his designs from me. It`s similiar to the Tank, but with a straight back blade. He wanted it 3/16" thick with thumb notches. He is supplying the wood for the handles, wenge I believe. I started it this morning, and got it profiled out.

2e1hjwl.jpg

I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Yes, the wood for the scales is Wenge (which are in the mail as we speak). Tough wood with a striking dark chocolate/milk chocolate coloration. I love the stuff, just not the tiny and very annoying slivers I get whenever I work with it.

Thanks John. It's going to be a beaut.

John had made a few straight-backed knives and I really liked the look. I was looking for something bigger than the ones he had made before so I pulled out the old paper and pencil and scaled it up, based on John's Tank measurements, like he mentioned above. I'm really looking forward to getting ahold of it and hitting the woods.

I'm really appreciateve of John's willingness to listen to my wants/needs and make the knife accordingly. I ended each email with "sorry for bugging you with such tiny details" but he shrugged it off each time. It's my first custom knife and I'm certain that it'll turn out great. I had my hands on his Bushcrafter last week and from the obvious care he puts into his work, this one is sure to be a winner.

Thanks for the comments too!

I was thinking of ordering my next scout with the standard spear point, but now I am thinking a straight back might be what the future will hold.

Hmmmmm. :confused: :grumpy:

Maybe tomorrow...

I'm really itching to get it in my hot little hands, but it's been such a quick process, I can wait a bit longer. Thanks for the update. :)

Since the other set of scales didn't make it I'm sending another set out today after work.

If the first set arrives please let me know John. Thanks!

I was out on a hike this Saturday and I was thinking about all the fun I'll be having with my new knife. I could've put it to good use in the woods. Soon...

So the new scales are on their way. Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

Maybe they won't lose this one. It'll be there in a couple days.

John-

How thick are the liners that you use? I'm asking because these scales are a tiny bit under 3/8" thick and it might be easier to keep the overall thickness I requested if you include some black liners. Let me know what you think and just add their cost to the total if you think it's necessary. Thanks.

John-

How thick are the liners that you use? I'm asking because these scales are a tiny bit under 3/8" thick and it might be easier to keep the overall thickness I requested if you include some black liners. Let me know what you think and just add their cost to the total if you think it's necessary. Thanks.

I believe they are .030, I`ll check tomorrow.

Back