• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FOR SALE: (REDUCED!) Protech /AIK "DON" Auto with PRE-BAN IVORY Inlays and Hand File Worked Satin Polished Blade

If I wasn't up to my neck in Protech OTS's I'd be all over this. Nothing like the Dons, they are the kings of the side opening world IMHO. A lot of people don't know this but they work quite fantastically as manual knives too being the build in guard of the blade is like a perfect emerson opener - very handy! GLWS

The scales are like new and the blade has never been used or sharpened.
The pics of the scales are definitely not new. If Ivory is not taken care of it will yellow and crack as it is shown in your pics. With the marks and indent on the body it shows the wear and tear. I’m also seeing a lot of dirt and grime maybe some rust too where the screws are in holes. All of this in consideration I will offer u $175 as I think this is a fair price for your knife in this condition. Please don’t take offense.

Its a Great deal. All day… In my opinion If I had the money I would buy! And keep it as my user. I think it is a sweet Knife!

So buy it then.

I only have 250 that I can spend 50/50 on it.
I’ll meet you at the Knife show in Texas?

I would not even pay 175 if it was the full price in that condition 😂

Too much chatting going on in this thread. If you wouldn't pay $175 or $300 or $45 for this knife it is irrelevant. It's not about you, this is about his knife. That's straight up disrespectful. Read the gosh dang rules. Seller has a right to list his knife at any price he or she sees fit and be unmolested in his or her doing so. You don't like his price, make him or her an offer via pm.

The scales are like new and the blade has never been used or sharpened.
Sorry, but I do believe you are misrepresenting the condition. I disagree with the price policing occurring here, but the condition is in fact inaccurate. You can clearly see significant wear marks on the edges of the scales indicating not only light use but moderate to severe usage.

588A39D8-3208-4885-8646-5606E0B587A0.jpeg

Sorry, but I do believe you are misrepresenting the condition. I disagree with the price policing occurring here, but the condition is in fact inaccurate. You can clearly see significant wear marks on the edges of the scales indicating not only light use but moderate to severe usage.

View attachment 1762092

Honestly the seller is straight up lying. This knife isn’t anything like new. Reported

That's why the pictures are there. And it has not been used but has been in storage and received this damage. The pictures are very close-up and exaggerate the damage.

Back