• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

For Sale: Wicked Edge Precision Sharpening System Pro Pack Plus Ceramic Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
After owning it for a couple of months, I've decided to let my Wicked Edge go.

I've gotten decent results with it and I'm sure I would improve with practice. However, I've found an alternative to replace the original reason for purchase (sharpening a leatherworking round knife), and I prefer to recoup some cash to put into knives.

I've used it on about 20 knives, give or take, mostly kitchen knives.

This is the current "Pro" pack, which includes:

-Paperstone base (nice, heavy)
-3 pairs of stones: 100/200, 400/600, 800/1000
-Leather strops with 5 micron and 3.5 micron compound

Overall in excellent condition. Please note:

-The vice is a confirmed correctly heat-treated vice direct from Wicked Edge
-The arms have WE's adjustable special reduced play linkages (includes hex wrench)
-Based on smoothness against steel I'm fairly certain the 800 and 1000 grit stones are reversed (i.e. 800 label = 1000 and vice versa) for both stone blocks. This never bothered me and I never pursued the issue with WE or the dealer. Also, the 1000 grit stones (on the 800 marked sides) have a bit of wear. This doesn't affect performance and is visible in one of the photos if you look carefully.
-The strops have a couple of minor nicks and cuts at the ends, nothing that compromises performance.
-I recently added .5 micron green stropping compound (not included) to the 3.5 micron strop as an experiment. This can be removed with a brush or scotchbrite type brush.
-There is plenty of 3.5 and 5 micron compound left in the syringes. I only applied them only once.

Also available as an extra: a very recently purchased pair of 1200/1600 ceramic stones, used on only about 5 knives.

$300 (everything except 1200/1600 ceramic stones) includes ConUS ground shipping and insurance.

Ceramic stones: Add $50 if purchased with WEPS system, otherwise $55 for separate purchase includes priority mail shipping. I'll give first preference to selling it all as a bundle.

Please send me a PM if interested. I don't have access to bladeforums during the day so it might take me 12+ hours to reply.

Thanks,
Mitch

Attachments

• everything.jpg
    everything.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 106
  • base vice arms.jpg
    base vice arms.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 1000 grit wear.jpg
    1000 grit wear.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 86