For those going to Blade...

I know lots of people here are into whittling wood, or would like to be. My father is self-employed and our family business involves home building and remodeling. We also own a cabinet shop for refacing kitchens. We have lots of fall off scraps in oak, ash, and maple that never gets used for cabinets. We have bins of the stuff laying around.

Now, I was thinking of loading up several pieces of this scrap and bringing it to Blade with me for those who like to whittle or would like to get started in whittling.

I would not be selling this wood, just giving it away. I just want to see if there would be enough interest to warrent me taking the time to cut the wood to usable sizes for whittling and lugging it in a suitcase to Atlanta.

If you would like some to play with, please post here. Also, what sizes would you like? I believe almost everything I have is 3/4" thick, but I can vary the other demensions.

I would think maple would work well, as it is fairly soft wood. I can check this weekend on thicker pieces, but I really doubt I can get any thicker then 3/4" These would obviously be for fairly thin or small projects.

Please let me know if there is interest in this, or if I am simply wasting my time. Also, if any of you are pretty good at whittling and would be willing to sit down and show me some tricks, I'd love to learn how.

JR

What a great offer and kind gesture. Sorry I won't be there. If you want to learn to carve/whittle then go to www.woodcarvingstore.com. They have some great stuff and some really good books.

Good Luck

Back