• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Forager in Ivory with mosaics and Hamon

This is the Forager. It is hand made from 1/8" 1095, Full tang, full flat grind with convex edge. The blade is edge quenched and etched. The cutting edge is 4 & 3/8" and is 8 & 5/8" overall. The handle is Ivory Corian with two 1/8" mosaic pins, two 1/4" mosaic pins and a 1/4" stainless steel lanyard tube. I have carried this to use a a show model, it does have very light use. Price includes shipping to the US and a black leather sheath. Paypal and money orders. Paypal info is sales@dpknives.com WAS $130.00 NOW SOLD Thanks for looking Doug

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Glad to see this one again, Doug! Had a chance to check it out at the WNY get-together. That's a sweet knife.

I received the knife today. The maker shipped it quickly.

Some notes:
1. There were some small chips in the blade near the tip. I would the maker's characterization as "very light use" not entirely accurate
2. The spine of the blade and corian handles had a small dent in them. It must have been dropped on something.
3. The blade was not very sharp. It will not slice paper.
4. The black leather sheath is a bit crude
5. The sheath offers zero retention... the blade will fall out if the sheath is even held at a 45% angle. I consider this to be very unsafe. If the blade was sharp, it would be even more unsafe.
6. I like the polished corian handle material
7. The handle is big enough for my medium sized hands
8. The handles is so round though that you can't tell the orientation of the blade without looking at it.

If I had it to do over, I would probably not buy this knife. There seem to be other makers offering better quality at this price point.

sharperatio I am not very happy with your handling of this issue. If you are not happy with the knife the thing to do is contact me directly and not publicly blast me. I have sold many knives here and the way things should be done is to contact the maker directly. If there are problems you give the maker a chance to make them right then if they dont or things are not corrected then you kind of have the right to do that. I had not even heard from you that you have the knife and I wake up this morning and find this. Doug

NOTE I also have sent you an email on this issue.

Back