Forced Patina on my Black Talon II

I am wondering if anyone has tried and what methods were used to force a patina on a black talon ii. I don’t know if I want to two-tone it or just take it apart and do the whole blade. Will gun blueing work?

it's s35vn steel right? that's too stainless to actually patina. I'm not sure gun bluing would work on stainless at all, and with the finish of the knife. even cold bluing I don't see it workin. even if the cold bluing stuck, it wouldn't last.

cerakoting would work....but doesn't hold up well. other pvd and dlc type finishes would work also. would require prep work and such, not something ya can do at home that i know of......

I am wondering if anyone has tried and what methods were used to force a patina on a black talon ii. I don’t know if I want to two-tone it or just take it apart and do the whole blade. Will gun blueing work?

Show us some pictures please after you do it :)

I've used ferric chloride in the past after doing a little research around here.
One member here did an overnight soak with his Spyderco (Tenacious I think) and dissolved a portion of the blade... Wish I could find the thread. 🤣
Here are some pointers for you though.

Back