• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Forged 1095 with Wrought and Elk

This is my first knife up for sale here. My grinder motor crapped out on me so I need to sell this one to get a new motor.
This knife is hand forged, heat treated in a temperature controlled forge, and quenched in Parks#50. The blade was clay coated and shows a hamon and is hand rubbed to 800 grit. The wrought shows a really nice grain, and the elk antler fits the hand great. Let me know if more pics are wanted.

Here are the specs:
Steel: 1095
Fittings: Wrought Iron
Handle: Tule Elk
Construction: Through tang with threaded pommel nut (not take down)
OAL: 9 5/8"
Blade Length: 4 1/2" with a cutting edge a hair under 4"
Blade width: 1 3/8" at widest
Spine Thickness: 5/32"
Sheath: Hand stitched with snap enclosure
Price: SOLD includes sheath and shipping CONUS

Thanks for looking.

-Mike
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Sorry the pics weren't (aren't) showing. I think they may be up now, but when I previewed the post, they were showing the first time.

-Mike

Not yet :rolleyes:

(by the way, the eye rolling is not directed at you but at the fact that the last time I posted pictures it took me several tries as well---gotta love software)

They are uploaded directly to BF. They show for me every time, any ideas? This is making me crazy.

-Mike

I don't know about this site, but on another site I go to when you upload image attachments, you can set them to "my eyes only", "me and my friends" or "everyone". Maybe that kind of setting is on the bladeforums image hosting?

If not, get a free flickr account. flickr is way better than photobucket in my opinion.

dammmmmmmmmmmmn what a sweet knife :thumbup::thumbup: . trust me if i had spare 2 benjamins this would be gone . what a great looking simple knife .
im gonna tag the thread.:eek::eek:

Bump for new pictures added. I realized that the first set I put up really sucked.

Just to be sure, you can see them, right?

-Mike

Back