Forged 5160 + An Interesting Piece of Sambar Stag

Hello everyone, my first post here with one of my own knives. I've drifted around the forum for some time now and finally paid for a membership to share my work with the word. I'd like to consider myself somewhere between a backyard bladesmith and an amateur hack at knife making. I do this mostly as a hobby on my free time so I'm free to make whatever I want for the most part.
Enough with that, now the knife! The blade is forged from 5160, the blade is just a tad over 6 inches, and the overall length is at 11 inches total. The spine and the ricasso are radiused and polished. The real conversation is the handle, an old Sambar stag smoking pipe. The pipe was made in England in the early 1900's by some English pipe maker who ended up going out of business some time ago. I don't know if the stag pipes were more collectible than functional, I don't know if they held up well to burning tobacco, but I don't smoke so this was the next best use of it for me. fits comfortably in the hand, and flows well in my opinion. the rest of the fittings are 1018, with the exception of the copper spacer, and the tang is threaded with a pommel nut and pinned for extra insurance. I do my own leatherwork as well. Thanks for looking.IMG_0420.JPG IMG_0421.JPG IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0424.JPG IMG_0425.JPG

Back