Forged In Fire joke

My point is all the " throwing weapons" . Really? your going to throw your weapon in the hopes that when you go to retrieve it you won't need it in warfare? Not to mention the goofy thing is so unwieldy it's of no use for anything else? What's next a sharpened boomerang that will come back to you, but will cut your hands off when you try to catch it?;)

I don't understand the popularity of karambits suddenly, you're cutting your reach by about a foot, doesn't make sense.

Pretty sure it's cause they look cool...
and you can twirl them around!
I know that in the hands of someone who is trained they are vicious close-in fighting knives, but I don't have that training.

I can't imagine any reason to ever choose a karambit over a Bowie or Quillion dagger unless being tiny was the primary concern....

I've watched the show a few times but have never really been a fan... Mind you I hardly watch any TV...
It seems like probably half of my clients watch it though

My point is all the " throwing weapons" . Really? your going to throw your weapon in the hopes that when you go to retrieve it you won't need it in warfare? Not to mention the goofy thing is so unwieldy it's of no use for anything else? What's next a sharpened boomerang that will come back to you, but will cut your hands off when you try to catch it?;)

Umm that's been done already ;)

Feral-Kid-Boomerang-05192015.jpg

I couldn't get over how the French guy talked. I kept pinching myself thinking is this guy for real? lol

But great episode overall

Anyone ever noticed the bad voiceovers in this show? I remember one very poorly produced episode where it was obvious they spliced in clips of the guys saying their catch phrases. The latest international episode with the weird french voiceover, i mean do they really expect anyone to think it's really that smith?

Been watching this show because of Covid19 programming, honestly I like History channel so Im just watching through because of all the programming. Anyway, I feel like this show needs women judges because they would whine about weapons being too “heavy” and at least we would understand why. These judges need to stop curling 5’s in the squat rack. I feel like their weapon of choice would be 2oz fencing foils....

Neither the weight or size of a weapon guarantees success. That is about the skill and execution of the practitioner.
Personally, I would like to see the focus of the show switch to tools and weapons carried and used by "our" ancestors here on the North American continent.
Having that tool or weapon, appear in some contemporary video game will get dings from the judges.
Happy grinding, Fred

Been watching this show because of Covid19 programming, honestly I like History channel so Im just watching through because of all the programming. Anyway, I feel like this show needs women judges because they would whine about weapons being too “heavy” and at least we would understand why. These judges need to stop curling 5’s in the squat rack. I feel like their weapon of choice would be 2oz fencing foils....
Welcome!

It's the only forging show on. I am surprised at the quality of some of the second round knives
Watching last nite the sword had a piece of scarf between it and the carcass. Also seen the kill test done with a flat blade. Chop a rock with my knife . no thanks.
I would not go on that show. I get people that are using that show to judge quality of knives.NNNNNOOO.
My opinion
TJ Smith

Neither the weight or size of a weapon guarantees success. That is about the skill and execution of the practitioner.
Personally, I would like to see the focus of the show switch to tools and weapons carried and used by "our" ancestors here on the North American continent.
Having that tool or weapon, appear in some contemporary video game will get dings from the judges.
Happy grinding, Fred
Yeah, I get that. The disqualifications because of being to “heavy” for the skinny guys testing them tells me they need to find someone who can physically test everything. Just my 2 cents lol.

Back