"Forged in Fire"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever checked this show out? It seems counter intuitive to rush and then judge knife making.

I watched one show...I'm not a fan of reality shows but do love knives so I hoped this one would be different...in my opinion, it wasn't...

Cheers/bg

My wife and I both like it. It's fun to see what they do, and more fun to say HEY THAT GUY POSTS ON BF!

I enjoy watching Forged In Fire, the judges do a good job of constructive criticism with each contestants blade.

I get a kick out of watching the faces of the bladesmiths when their blade is used to chop cow bones or a pig carcass and then see Doug grin and say, "this knife will cut!"

The final challenge of recreating a knife from history is very educational.

I watched a YouTube video of one of the bladesmiths who appeared on the show, there are no fans running to cool the studio down because they would mess up the audio. The contestants are working in 100 degree temperature at times, there have been a few cases of heat exhaustion during filming.

I liked it at first cause hey a knife show but I have mixed feelings now. Kind of like the cooking shows with Unrealistic parameters with unrealistic times all for the sake of tv. Granted it is tv... I just feel bad for the contestants in that I bet their usual work is much better and they don't get to represent themselves properly. However I do think it's a good test of their skill to see what they can come up with limited time and material plus at the end they get a full 5 days at their home forge. All in all its a fun show and me and my girl like watching it.

When members from bladeforums are on it, I tune in to root for them. Otherwise, I don't watch much tv.

I couldn't believe it was an actual show when I first heard about it. I think it's hilarious/cool that there is a blade-making competion tv show.

Yeah there was one on a few wks ago with James Helm of "Helm Forge". He is a member here and his name is Storm Crow. He makes all kinds of blades and tomahawks--really nice stuff; I'd love one of those hawks! He ended up winning the whole show. Good episode! The weapon for the final contest was a big sword that I can't pronounce.

Better then allot of show on TV.

True, but then so is a root canal without anesthetic.

I've been enjoying the show, but I'm still waiting for a contestant to pipe up with "yeah, it's not bad for a piece of crap cobbled up from junk on a ridiculous deadline" when Doug says "This knife will cut".

It was entertaining the first few times I watched, but then after that it gets repetitive as hell. Every show is the same, make a custom knife real fast and then make a sword. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back