Forum going down.

Bawanna

In case you haven't noticed, the forum is going down tonight sometime around 9 give or take.
Projected to take 18 to 24 hours to make a changeover.

I miss you guys already.

See you on the other side.

I'm liking it too - though it will take time to adjust to the need to scroll through all the forums. Was pretty convenient to open one page and find the complete master list of all the subforms in their respective categories. New folks will have to dig a bit to discover all that BF offers.

Too soon to be whining though. Just happy to be back on. Individual pages are nicer and I suspect that the new format will encourage more new avatars rather than all those ?

Cheers, Ray

Don't be afraid folks. Jump in and play. Everything is still there, just shuffled around some. Exactly the same only different if that makes a lick of sense.

I'm not much for change myself but we can get through this.

Update - in case you have not seen the WIP pages by Spark - new format options have been added that eliminate the FORUM page scrolling required of the default. There is a FLAT AWESOME format that to me is perfect - white background, black letters, with teal bands between the post and a MASTER LIST type format on the FORUM page kind of like in the old BF. AND there is a FLAT AWESOME + BLACK format that many seem to prefer. The background is black - the lettering is white. I tried it but prefer the White - which I think is especially good for sale threads and other images.

Go up to your user name in top right and select preference then change your browsing preference to one of the 3 options in the first category.

Enjoy - Ray

While the forums were down, I saw something awesome & immediately thought of you guys. These aren't my photos, but apparently back in the 17th century a Japanese katana blade found its way to Transylvania, where a local made a handle for it :
SOoJmXy.jpg

DGahUPX.jpg

Nice, thanks for pointing that out. I went with the dark, kind of nice.

I'm sure there are lots of things changed that I'll never know about. I'll have to play around some and see what other tricks might have been included.

Hi, I'm kind of a lurker on these forums, but I noticed forum link on the HI website is now broken. Just pointing it out in case it was missed in the switch over.

Back