Found my favorite SAKs

Like most of us I’ve been buying different SAKs for years just trying to find the perfect one. I now own probably 40+ SAKs and I think I’ve finally came up with my favs. I’ve never really liked the fact that SAKS don’t have a locking blade but I’ve alway tried to overlook that. Then I came across th Victorinox S111 & S18. I carry the S111 most days but if I think the day may require a bit more I slide the S18 in my pocket instead. Seems to work perfect for me.

But I’m also still a fan of the Yeoman. Over the years be been lucky enough to find 4 of them and they still manage to find there way into my pocket too

I have had an S111 for a few years. It is one of my favorites, as well. The lock is basically a very shallow back lock that uses a button or lever on the obverse side to operate the lock. Very unique.

Like most of us I’ve been buying different SAKs for years just trying to find the perfect one. I now own probably 40+ SAKs and I think I’ve finally came up with my favs. I’ve never really liked the fact that SAKS don’t have a locking blade but I’ve alway tried to overlook that. Then I came across th Victorinox S111 & S18. I carry the S111 most days but if I think the day may require a bit more I slide the S18 in my pocket instead. Seems to work perfect for me.

But I’m also still a fan of the Yeoman. Over the years be been lucky enough to find 4 of them and they still manage to find there way into my pocket too

Be very careful with that lock back. It is a very shallow lock. I had a Wenger that had it, and after a few years of steady use, you could close it like a still spring slip joint. It acted more like the resistance bump on the Victorinox screw driver/bottle opener tool. What I'm trying to say is, don't really trust that lock unless you are not real fond of your fingers.

I prefer my SAK's without any locks so I won't be tempted. If I need a knife that won't fold on me if I do something stupid, then I use a sheath knife.

All those Evolution S models are old Wenger platforms that they continued making after they merged the two knife lines into Victorinox. I have a Wenger Evo S18 with a locking blade. It's my only SAK with a locking blade so I always forget about it when i'm going to close it. Kind of annoying actually.

Favorite SAKs? I have to say that I prefer the Tinker tool set overall. I started out with a Tinker 30 years ago, have carried others, but always come back to the Tinker. I started carrying the Small Tinker about a month or so ago to see if I would be comfortable with this one over my usual discontinued 111 mm Adventurer with the side lock. So far, I have been quite comfortable with the Small Tinker for using for everything other than work tasks. I'll add the Adventurer to my pocket for those occasions. The Small Tinker fits in most watch pockets and that is where it lives.

I also really like the Electrician model.

I'll still carry the One Handed Trekker if I am doing much woods wandering as the saw comes in handy from time to time. That goes in my day pack for the most part and not a pocket. Generally speaking I have little use for the saw outside the woods.

I have a number of the Vic liner lock models. I also find them a little annoying but I can live with it. I don't depend on the locks for anything that puts much stress on the knife.

It's really hard for me pass over the Explorer Plus. Just a great little travel companion.

If we are talking about locking SAKs, I'm a big fan of the Fireman (non one hand and with a plain edge)

Evogrip S18Yellow :thumbsup::thumbsup:
30142952268_7d8c073bf0_c.jpg

Back