Found some Kizers at the local gun show.

Hi Folks,

First post here in the Kizer forum.
Was at the local gun shoe this weekend and found a dealer that had a large amount of Kizer knives on his table. I stopped to look at his items and was struck at how nice a lot of the Kizer knives were. I am mostly a traditional knife guy , so a bit of a fish out of water on the modern flippers. That's not t say I don't know what solid lock up and smooth action of a knife feels like or should feel like. The more I looked at these the more impressed I was.
His prices seemed great to me which may be where my biggest weakness comes in at. I have no clue what these normally sell for but he claimed the prices were great which usually makes you skeptical at a gun show , but in all honesty they did seem like nice prices for new knives with great quality. All were new in the box with pouches and some with extra screws and cloth and sticker.
Anyway , I am not one to just jump in head first , but this time I did. I may regret it later once I am educated a bit more on modern knives but at the moment I feel pretty good about the purchases. Not a major investment and will likely get more entertainment and use from them than the amount invested.
I bought 4 Kizer knives and have been getting familiar with them the last 2 days.
So here is what I bought and I will also include my paid price for them regardless if it was a rip off or not. Honestly folks , no one should do what I did this weekend by buying anything before researching the item. I just felt they were nice and priced fair.
2nd one in the picture is a KI4452 I.F.T-L. I really like the g10 scales on this. It took a little practice to deploy for a rookie like me , Now it deploys with a twack every time. Locks up great and is super smooth. At first I was a little weak with it as the detent seems to need to be a bit stronger to help out with deployment. This one cost me $75.
1st one in the picture is a KI4474A2 S.L.T. I have to say , this one makes a rookie look like a pro flipper. It just works great. detent holds enough pressure to make me look good at it but not leave a dent in your finger. This one cost me $80.
3rd one is a KI4508 Critical CK. This thing is a tank! It is a bit heavier than the others but it feels dead on with my old original lock back Manix. Since I am used to that heavier knife this one feels right at home. Flips very easily. Hard to say this early , but might be my favorite. This one cost me $125.
4th one is likely not considered a flipper but I added a thumb stud from an old cheapo knife to help out with opening. Kinda the same syle of opening as my Spyderco Manix now. It is a KI4433 L.G.M.
Nice knife and at the price I just had to get it to fiddle around with some. This one cost me $55.
And last , but not least , here are a couple pictures.
T6Su6lS.jpg

OU7ac5J.jpg

Burnt Stag

Last edited:
Kizer makes some great knives.

The first one is the John Gray SLT and the second is the IFTL.

If those are the prices you paid, the vendor is selling at no profit, probably even at a loss. I suggest you go buy more before he's out of business.

Yes , sorry about that. had the first 2 models switched around.
This was the out-the-door price on them. This was the dealers first time at the show so maybe trying to draw in new customers? Maybe trying to get out of Kizer knives? He sure had a lot of them. And I mean way over a hundred maybe over 200 of them in lots of different models. I see no flaws or markings or reasons to believe that they are seconds , but almost sounds like the prices were too good? Glad I ran across him there and took the time to check them out. The box and sleeve and carry pouch only came with 3 of them. The L.G.M. only came in a smaller black box and no extra screws. I am glad these were good prices , as I just went on a spur of the moment buying spree which is usually very much the opposite for me. This dealer was at the Medina Ohio gun show and you may be able to contact the show promoter and find out who the dealer is. Was definitely his first time there. By the way , if I find this guy again , what are some of the Kizer must have models to look at?

Burnt Stag.

Back