Free Knife / Feeler For PassAround???

I was able to actully handle most of the Models of the Ros Arms knives at the Blade Show (and even took one home). I was not surprised at how much I really liked the feel of the Birch Bark handles but what did surprise me was the nice balance of some of the larger blades.

I thought I would try to help others actually handle some of these and so I asked R.A. if I could organize a couple of Pass arounds - perhaps one for a Larger Model and one for a Smaller model.

I'm thinking to keep this as simple as possible I would like keep the number to only 5 - 7 Members in each Passaround. I will post the Rules and Requirements in an actual Passaround thread in the proper forum but I wanted to post here to get a feeler of who might be interested.

If you would be interested in participating please post here, also please indicate if you would be more interested in a Small or Large knife. Let's not get into Model selection or suggestion in this thread, just post if you have an interest and we can answer questions seperately.

At the End - I'm thinking that I will gift (yep FREE Knife) the smaller Model to the person Member who contributes the most thorough review (of either Model) and also possibly I might Raffle the larger knife.. still in the planning stages.

So let's start with who is interested.

Last edited:
I currently own a Ros Arms and really like it. I would love to be a part of this. You didn't specify the blade lenghts of the large and small knive. I would be interested in the one in the 4-5" blade modle. I have been wanting to use the model I own, but did'nt want to turn it into a user quite yet.

I'll toss my name in the hat... I already own a Rosarms Companion 2 (which I love) but I'd be more than happy to fondle over some others... Big or small. Good on you for making the passaround. Great idea.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd definately be interested in joining the passaround. The Rosarms board was actually the reason I joined this forum in the first place. While I haven't posted much I do pop in fairly regularly to check for any new activity. I don't have a ROSarms knife yet. The two I find myself drawn to are the FOX-1 and the Stalker. I keep checking the shopping site to see if the FOX-1 with birch bark handle is back in stock but it hasn't been. Anyway, count me in!

Hey everyone, I wanted to let those who are subscribed to this thread know that I will be placing a new Thread with the official rules, blah blah blah in the PASSAROUND forum in the next 48 hours.

I will also send those of you a PM (that have the capability) to let you know where the thread is located.

Looks like we can get started so thanks in advance.

Is it too late to get in on the Ros Arms Knives Pass around? I'd be very interested in handling some Ros Arm knives and writing reviews on them. I own two Ros Arms Knives already - the Rescuer 1M and the Picnic -and have used them quite a lot. I love both of the knives. The have performed past my expectations. I'm looking forward to buying other Ros Arm models in the near future. Right now I'm thinking about getting the Taiga or Nona. I'm also looking at the Cadet or the Cliff. It's hard to choose. They all have their own personality and great looks. Anyway if you can use one more count me in as well.

OK - Waiting on some final info from R.A. and then we will be ready.
I will post the Rules/Requirements for the Pass Round in the Official new thread.

Thanks

I'm very interested in the Stalker model. I have many nice blades but before today have never even heard of ROSarms. This is probably the easiest way for me to get hands-on with one and would be grateful to participate.

I'm very interested in the Stalker model. I have many nice blades but before today have never even heard of ROSarms. This is probably the easiest way for me to get hands-on with one and would be grateful to participate.

PR - thanks for the interest but the rules for the BF Passarounds are that you must be a Member for 6 Months. Perhaps Ros Arms will host another PA in the future, I would watch this Forum and the Passaround Forum.

BTW - The Stalker is my favorite mid sized model, if you decide to get one you wont be dissappointed. It is an amazing Skinner/Slicer.

Back