Freehand Therapy

Since my registration less than a year ago, I've been able to assemble the makings of a relaxing therapy/hobby. With the purchase of numerous different stones online, I've been able to enjoy the benefit of a household full of sharp edged tools. After a few moments of doubt, my wife now is enjoying a kitchen full of healthy knives. She is amazed at what a properly tuned edge can do! My stone collection covers extra course to arkansas black. My toughest challenge has been my spyderco cricket. Its all in the angle maintenance over the varying curved edge. Anyway, just wanted to say that it's been fun and thanks to the forum for the help!

Glad to hear it - an enjoyable and relaxing endeavour, isn't it!

Yes sir you're right, it is! Especially when you've spent some time on a quality knife and it virtually falls through a piece of paper!

I also have learned how to put a sharp edge on just about anything due to the great help from people on the forums. Thanks everyone, I don't say it enough.

...With the purchase of numerous different stones online, I've been able to enjoy the benefit of a household full of sharp edged tools. After a few moments of doubt, my wife now is enjoying a kitchen full of healthy knives.../QUOTE]

What to do when everything is sharp and you are still in need of "therapy"??? Start on the spines.:D

...With the purchase of numerous different stones online, I've been able to enjoy the benefit of a household full of sharp edged tools. After a few moments of doubt, my wife now is enjoying a kitchen full of healthy knives.../QUOTE]

What to do when everything is sharp and you are still in need of "therapy"??? Start on the spines.:D

LOL I do got a couple that have a double edge part way up the spine!
:cool:

I know what you mean Michdad. After getting a Sharpmaker a couple of months ago and going through a small learning curve, I now can't wait for the opportunity to sharpen something. The only thing I need now is some Rogain for my forearm. Many thanks to everyone here for all their advice.

NO, NO, NO,... You log on to the internet with plastic in hand! There are plenty of unwanted's that need a loving home! :D

You go buy as many of the OLD HICKORY knives as you can find. Proceed to alternate between honing and abuse, over and over and over and over again.

Back