Fresh off the bench, Damascus Hunter!!

bacustomknives

FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER
"Fresh off the Bench - Damascus Hunter".
"Made especially for Ken Mason for his son, Brett"
BACKWOODSCUSTOMKNIVES
MAKER:BILL AKERS
SPECS:
STYLE:SLIGHT DROP
STEEL: 1095/15N20 DAMASCUS "HAIR POPPIN SHARP":D
BILLET WAS MARKED <TWIST> LOOKS LIKE A "FINGER PRINT" PATTERN TO ME!
FINNISH: ACID ETCHED / 1500 GRIT HAND RUB/WAXED
SCALES: HIGHLY FIGURED INTENSE STABILIZED HONDURAN ROSEWOOD BURL FROM MY PRIVATE STASH, YUMMY!!
HARDWARE:3/16" & 1/4" MOSAIC PINS/LANYARD TUBE
MEASURMENTS: 7 1/8" OVERALL / 3 1/8" BLADE
SHEATH: TOOLED LEATHER W/BELT LOOP <RH> CARRY
EXTRAS:LEATHER BEADED LANYARD/VINE & THORN FILEWORK WITH WHITE TANG LINERS
PRICE: $ SHIPPED PRIORITY MAIL <USA>I SHIP INTERNATIONAL,BUYER PAYS FOR SHIPPING ,$15-22.00 USD DEPENDING ON LOCATION,IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST OR DAMAGED GOODS,WE AGREE UPON THAT BEFORE YOU PURCHASE.
PAYPAL PREFFERED - BACUSTOMKNIVES@YAHOO.COM
ALL QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ARE WELCOME
THE FIRST "ILL TAKE IT" POST BY TIME WILL GET IT
009-26.jpg

rw021.jpg

rw018.jpg

rw027.jpg

rw028.jpg

rw048.jpg

rw037.jpg

rw034.jpg

rw006.jpg

Last edited:
'Splain this to me,please:

WhyInZeHell woodda man with yer unique talents buy a storebought knife?

FerGawdsSakesSweetMaryHilaryAndJoseph!!!

Nothing against Bark River....nice knives,and all that....but Jesus H.Biden,BA!

We may need to adjust yer medication! Off the blue pills; back on the red ones,ya hear me?!?

~Gnarly

Every one i make i sell lmao!! I share my talent with the world bro!hell there usually sold before i make them???????????

You do me the honors included in my email to you and this one's mine!

Assuming that you will..........LOL........."I'll take it".

Absolutely unpredictable Bill....you and your work. That's the part I like alot about you, your work and doing business with you. You deliver each and everytime, but with a different and fresh approach each time. That's what makes this whole process fun and exciting, both of which I'm very fortunate to be able to participate in. I think that we both win, at least I know that I do.

Our transactions together have been flawless, smooth and easy.......all of which means alot to me. I know that I read alot about not sending $ prior to receipt of goods such as knives or at least receiving pics indicating that a job is complete first, but with you, it isn't even a consideration (even though you've never asked for $ up front). I'm a retired LEO and I'd like to think that I'm a good judge of character...you've just bolstered that feeling. I like to say that "I'm unpleasant, not stupid", but perhaps someday someone will hand me my hat in regards to that line, but it won't be you.......that's one of the few things that I know that I can count on. Thank you for that.

5 knives in one month's time is not an indication of what I'm about as much as it is more a testimonial of your skills, vision and talent. If it weren't me buying these several knives, they still would have flown off the shelves in no time.....they always have and undoubtedly, always will. That's about you and your work more than my ability to acquire them. You're going to only get better.......that's a given buddy!

My best to you and yours (which includes your 2 new cute pups).......thanks again!

Ken

Last edited:
BA, just something about your knives when you put that damascus steel and any kind of dark wood scales on them . . . . :D
Great looking knife, I just have to keep telling myself, "I have a drawing", "I have a drawing", "I have a drawing", . . . . . . . . woosa, woosa, woosa, . . . . . ;)
Good job buddy, Ken excellent purchase my friend, excellent.
Be safe.

JUST1MOR - for $50, I just couldn't pass it up! I know a good deal when I see one..............LOL.

BTW - thanks for the congrat's! I feel very fortunate to have this and the other knives that Bill has made. Never had a damascus knife before and just found myself buying 2 of the 3 damascus knives that Bill just made!!

Go figure...................

magnumb,
Glad to see your enjoying this forum and all the Great steel on here.
You are getting some real Beauties for sure, Bill and Chris have some Excellent Skills. :thumbup:
Hope you and your son Enjoy the blades, they will be Great conversation pieces that perform just as good... :D
Forgot to mention that they are Good for your Eye's too, Not as good for peoples jaws when they hit the ground in AWW!!! ;)

Thanks BG4570!! I really do enjoy this forum. Best part is being able to view all of the fantastic offerings here by so many talented knife makers. There's a bunch.

Eye candy is always good, but unless exceptional in all ways however, don't marry one!!!!.....LOL. And no....that's not from experience, but I do believe that my wife is a knockout! Same goes for knives. I don't get them to just hang them on the wall, these are user knives which, if all goes in future years as it has the past 40 while hunting, they'll earn their keep. But I am human.......it will not be near as easy to bloody these as it would my "ole Gerber Gators".....LMAO. For $30 each and production, it made it alot easier. Bill's first build for me, he said that he wanted to show me the true difference's between custom and production knives. Outside of the obvious differences, there are so many other custom touches in play throughout the build that it's hard to appreciate any of them unless you fully understand the whole process. I'm slowly learning, but even for me, the differences are night and day.

Once my son see's and handles these knives, I'm sure that he will start to appreciate the skills involved in making them, as well. Neither of us have been "knife people" before, so this is new to he and I. My brother travels a few hundred miles to hit knife shows, once and awhile, and I never understood the draw........till now......laughin'.

Thanks for your comments BG4570...even though I know that my purchases are sound and based on my likes and expectations, it never hurts to get an "atta boy" from the more experienced members.

Have a good day.......

Last edited:
Bill,
that is one tasty looking knife!
nice work and congrats to the new owner.

JUST1MOR -for $50, I just couldn't pass it up! I know a good deal when I see one...LOL.
BTW - thanks for the congrat's! I feel very fortunate to have this and the other knives that Bill has made. Never had a damascus knife before and just found myself buying 2 of the 3 damascus knives that Bill just made!!
Go figure...................

How come you only bought the scales and didn't buy the blade too ??????? :D :D
Be safe.

I figure if I save my pennies, I might just be able to afford the rest of the pieces before not too long..........:D:D

I'm thinkin' that it wouldn't have covered the scales......perhaps the pins..........:rolleyes:

My son's "Pure Sucky Sweetness" showed up today and true to form lately from Bill's useless hands .....................................................................it's just primo in all respects!!!!

I was hoping to back off just a bit in the custom order dept., but these wonderful works of art make it tough...........like Bill doesn't know that........:D:D.

I'll Ren-Wax it up, put it away for Xmas and my son will be the happiest person around the tree............................unless my wife is drinking again (just kiddin'....;)).

Thanks again Bill...seems I say that alot, but I mean it. All 5 of these knives are special, each in their own way. OK....maybe I'll just bloody up a couple of them.............:).

Take care bud and I'm sure that I'll be in touch with you much sooner than I should.............:D:D.

Last edited:
Back