Fresh stabby things...

manghu67

American Kami Custom Blades / Knifemaker
Here's some new stuff from this batch. Hope you guys dig these.

2017.02.02%20NPD.jpg

2017.02.02%20M2.jpg

2017.02.02%20M6.jpg

2017.02.02%20M16.jpg

I see the m16 has the "nightmare grind." I really like the NPD. It reminds me of those Fred Perrin La Griffe style knives alot. I've always had a thing for those. Does the little C shaped notch under the thumb ramp and above the spine have any purpose?

Thanks bud. Glad you dig.

That hook on the spine-side of the NPD serves a number of purposes:

1) Guard and incoming object catcher.

2) If you run your social finger through the hole, you can wrap your index finger around the hook.

3) Opponent control. If holding the knife in edge out icepick grip, when you are blocking incoming strikes, the tooth of that hook will bite into an attacker's forearm. If you aren't already at the wrist, rake it all the way down the arm until you hit the wrist bones, where it will dig in.

4) And also, beer opening, although there are many parts of that knife that you could use for that application.

I see the m16 has the "nightmare grind." I really like the NPD. It reminds me of those Fred Perrin La Griffe style knives alot. I've always had a thing for those. Does the little C shaped notch under the thumb ramp and above the spine have any purpose?

While I am partial to the M2, the M6 looks like the perfect eight-inch chef's knife :thumbsup:

That green/black m16, is sick bro.
The secondary bevel really pops with that grind pattern.
Well done. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back