• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FS- 2 slipjoints, forged blade and Damasteel, modern traditional

1st one -
a slipjoint of my design available for sale.
I call this the model Clarkdale, a modern traditional
This is my design, an original based on a slim hunter fixed blade by Howard Hitchmough.

I've been carrying this for awhile and have put new rosewood scales on it and decided to make it available. Comes with leather slipcase. The maker's mark stamp is a little light on the impression.

Blade steel - 22 layer laminated steel Suminagashi, etched finish, 63-64 RC, Takefu white steel core and mild steel cladding, I hand forge this and quench in water.
Scales - Rosewood, rounded and contoured
Liners - 410 Stainless integral radius bolster (one piece), finished to 15 micron satin
Hardware - torx screws
Bronze washers
Blade length - just under 3"
Closed Length - 4.2"

Flat ground to slight convex blade grind,
Half Stop, stronger than Medium pull spring, but not difficult to open

Asking - $ 400 total shipped, PP or other agreed upon payment method, worldwide shipping

qIjZziY.jpg

FBQgY1x.jpg

IOkIbP3.jpg

fvtLTra.jpg

Last edited:
2nd one -
a slipjoint of my design available for sale.
I call this the model Clarkdale, a modern traditional
This is my design, an original based on a slim hunter fixed blade by Howard Hitchmough.

The pull on this is a little strong. However with the pull dots and a firm grasp it is not uncomfortable to open. My understanding is some buyers like a strong spring. Also the grind is off towards the tip, leaning to one side making the blade appear to be off center when closed. Despite the imperfections, I'm hoping someone will have some love for this knife. :) . Comes with leather slipcase.

Blade steel - Damasteel Odin's eye, etched finish
Backspring - Damasteel Odin's eye
Scales - Tasmanian Blackwood, rounded and contoured
Liners - 410 Stainless integral angled bolster (one piece), finished to 15 micron satin
Hardware - torx screws
Bronze washers
Closed Length - 4.2"
Blade length - just under 3"

Flat ground to slight convex blade grind,
Half Stop, strong pull spring, but not difficult to open

Asking - $ 400 OBRO total shipped, PP or other agreed upon payment method, worldwide shipping

d0bxg2Q.jpg

p2DfTAY.jpg

ku4KKMb.jpg

AAvT1DA.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work!

Question: On the one with rosewood scales, are the scales flat along the facing surface or are they rippled? It's very hard to tell from the pics. I think they look flat, but with a rippled texture visual effect if that makes sense. I just can't tell for sure.

Nice work!

Question: On the one with rosewood scales, are the scales flat along the facing surface or are they rippled? It's very hard to tell from the pics. I think they look flat, but with a rippled texture visual effect if that makes sense. I just can't tell for sure.
thank you
the scales are flat, however I think the wood has an open grain look, not tight. Perhaps that is what you are seeing and referring to?

zfGWrfw.jpg

thank you
the scales are flat, however I think the wood has an open grain look, not tight. Perhaps that is what you are seeing and referring to?

zfGWrfw.jpg
I was referring to the longer alternating light lines with the darker brownish/red lines that give it the rippled effect in the photo. It's obviously an optical illusion as you said the scales are flat. They look amazing, as does the knife!

Back