• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FSH Full Flat Bama & Custom Satin Yard Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busse - Full Flat Grind Fusion Steel Heart FSH "BAMA-CLAY!" - MINT as new and NEVER used, but I slightly darkened and waxed the scales to more of a nicer slightly deeper brown vs. the rougher lighter tan factory color - I think the scales look a LOT nicer.
If you want one of the BEST all around large user Busse Choppers, in one of the coolest color combos, don't miss this. SOLD - PAID :eek: :eek: :(

-------------------------------

Scrap Yard - Yard Guard - This has been custom stripped and satin finished by hand with linear pattern! I think it looks pretty awesome. The thumb ramp has been slightly modified for improved feel, the choil has been rounded out and beveled, the sides of the spine have a 45 degree micro-bevel and the sides of the clip have a polished bevel. The edge is MIRROR polished sharp/ The knife was very lightly used "before" custom work, but you CAN NOT tell it was used since now it looks WAAAAAAAY nicer than new!!! The handle is as new. This is a VERY nice "stout" camp knife, chopper, or even fighter. Can do it all!!! SOLD - PAID

------------------------------

All Prices include all fees as follows:

Prices include shipping via USPS Priority to CONUS - including Alaska and Hawaii.
Canada will cost a little extra.

Shipping for any other country can be arranged, however shipping to other countries WILL cost extra + extra because it COSTS a lot to ship - Typically, $25 - $40 or more as I prefer to ship USPS Priority International.

I have shipped out of the country and I have had 100% good luck so far with USPS Priority (But, problems with other methods - So, ONLY USPS Priority! - and I still can't guarantee or be responsible for it). Even with Priority International, I have been told by the PO that once it leaves the hands of USPS, they can no longer track or be responsible for the package. So, I can't either. So, buyer assumes ALL risks associated with out-of-country shipping. And I can not and will not be responsible for issues with out of country shipping and issues associated with customs of outside countries.

Prices include PayPal fees.

* Payment is needed soon!

** No interest in trades. I "NEED" money. Sorry.

* First to post "I'll Take It" on this thread - Gets It.

* Posting an "I'll Take It" is a "COMMITMENT" to purchase.

- Emails with questions are fine, but the first "non-disclaimer" "I'll Take It" on this thread get first priority!

Posting disclaimers like "pending question" or similar along with an "I'll Take It" means you have NOT made a commitment and are therefore not first in line if somebody else does commit to buy. I will try to work with everyone as best as possible and answer questions as fast as possible. But, if I can't reply to questions prior to others making commitments, I have to make the most fair call I can. And I typically lean towards the first FULL "Commitment To Buy" - that doesn't include disclaimers, questions, "IF's" and so on.

** Please email me directly at dwarren1@att.net

Direct email is much better for me than PM and email is much likelier to be checked sooner than PM.

Thanks

Last edited:
ANOTHER Price Reduction.

This is a GREAT knife at a GREAT price.

I think the thick is .25 inch

The thickness on "THIS" knife is "As I Said" : 0.27" thick at the spine - measured at the ricasso where the thickness is at its fullest and equal to the tang's thickness.

The thickness of a given knife is generally referred to by the measurement at the "Thickest" part of the steel on the given knife.

Those are "MY" measurement - measured with precision Mitutoyo dial calipers accurate to about 0.0005". There are about 40 visible designations on my calipers between 0.25" and 0.27" - I know the difference.

If I did NOT know the specs and/or did not have a way of accurately measuring the thickness, I would say so. I am pretty particular about trying my best to be "ACCURATE"!

Most of the FSH's were saber grind and .25" thick.

The "Saber" grind FSH's that were .27" thick were referred to as Heavy Hearts.

But, this is a Full Height Flat grind and it IS .27" thick at its thickest part.

Since it is not a Saber Grind, these Full Flat grind knives are a little lighter and faster in the hand than the Heavy Hearts.
Personally, I think this Full Flat blade grind FSH feels nicer, balances nicer and has a better shaped blade grind for most cutting tasks than the Saber Grind Heavy Heart. I used to own a Heavy Heart. The Heavy Heart would have a bit more power for chopping. But, the Full Height Flat grind is just much better balanced IMO. However, that is just "my" opinion. Balance and feel in the hand are subjective.

FSH (Saber grind)... = 19.5 ounces; .25" thick; 8.0" blade; 14.0" oal
FSH (full flat grind).. = 22.0 ounces; .27” thick; 8.1875” blade; 14.4” oal
HHFSH (Saber grind) = 23.5 ounces; .27” thick; 8.1875” blade; 14.4” oal

Most of the spine "Forward" of the ricasso on this Full Height Flat Grind FSH is .26" thick +/- a few clicks.

The spine does thin down to about .25" at just forward of where the spine starts to drop at about 2/3rds of the blade from the ricasso (1/3 from the tip). And the spine gradually gets thinner towards the tip from where the spine starts to drop. So, most of the spine above the "blade" (about 2/3 of it) is around .26" thick. But, the tang and ricasso are .27" thick.

-------------------

If you are going to try to "correct" someone "on their own listing for their own knife", TRY to KNOW dang sure you know what the heck you are talking about. :mad: If you "THINK" and/or "Guessing", keep it to yourself! :mad:

This is NOT a regular forum thread. On a regular forum thread, I would take less offense. Although, since I am referring to MY knife and think I know what I am talking about, I would most likely still NOT appreciate being corrected.... :rolleyes:

I am trying to "Assume" you "Thought" all FSH's were .25" and you were trying to be helpful. But, your correction comes across as undermining my credibility and my "Statement" to the question of thickness of MY knife. This is particularly BAD form in my opinion - to post such a correction as to imply the seller of their own knife is wrong, inaccurate, lying or similar. :mad:

If you think someone made a mistake - especially on their own listing, maybe you should PM them next time. :thumbup:

If I had made a mistake and posted wrong specs, I would appologize and make corrections as needed.

But, I did NOT post incorrect specs. The specs I posted above in reference to the knife I am selling were all measured by me - and accurate! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back