1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Full integral double guard W pattern damascus dagger

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by PDQ knives, Aug 6, 2019.

1. PDQ knives

PDQ knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 10, 2018
    Hello Everyone.
    This is my best job at the momento. It is a full integral double guard W pattern damascus dagger.
    I made this piece for the MAC2019 (is like the blade show in Buenos Aires) and made me win the prize to "knifemaker revelation 2019".
    It was the first time that i make a dagger, the first time that i make fullers, first time i make a doble integral guard, first time i make domed pins, fist time i make a sheath with a damascus lock or hook... I think, the final result is more than acceptable except for some details to improve.
    The design of the dagger wasn't planed, it came up in the forging process, so maybe there are some things I would have liked to do different.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And some exterior pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the link to the Instagram videos:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0wOfZ2n8sz/

OAL lenght: 17.3"
    Blade lenght: 11.42"
    Blade max. widht: 1.38"
    Blade thickness: 0.157"

The damascus steel is made of 15N20 and 1070.
    The scales are made of natural "palo santo" wood, attached to the Blade with brass domed pins.
    The sheath is made of hand sewn leather.

If someone is interest to get this piece, follow this link:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...attern-damascus-dagger.1677190/#post-19182186

I hope you like it.

Best regards.

Andre Basset, 3fifty7, Mongo and 4 others like this.
  2. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Very Nice Clean looking work.....Its a Beauty !

3. seanj

seanj

Mar 1, 2010
    Beautiful! excellent work!

4. PDQ knives

PDQ knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 10, 2018
    Thank you very much!

5. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    FANTASTIC!!!! The idea that there are so many firsts with this piece from you is amazing....:cool:

6. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    Gorgeous knife and beautiful sheath!

7. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Great work

8. PDQ knives

Oct 10, 2018
    Thanks guys!

Best regards.

9. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    that is nice !! :thumbsup:

PDQ knives likes this.
  10. Chefget

Chefget Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 1998
    That's a beautiful knife!!

PDQ knives likes this.
  11. PDQ knives

Oct 10, 2018
    Thank you very much!