1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Full size handle w. short blade

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by PropThePolecat, Jan 5, 2014.

1. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    I'm looking for a folder with a full sized handle and a relatively short blade. I've already got the Extrema Ratio BF2 CDS "Pitbull" and I'm looking for something similar to that.

I've found the Emerson CQC-14 Snubby and although it's a tad expensive it looks like it fits the bill.

Any other options out there?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. PURPLEDC

PURPLEDC

Apr 4, 2007
    honestly I would get any knife that you fancy and have any capable knife pimper/modifier and have them shorten the blade and either put a thicker edge on the tip like CRK does with its sebenza tantos or have the blade completely reground to look like it comes that way. Its not as expensive as you may think. I recommend reese weiland. I have had him regrind some blades and he does a really good job and at a decent price. He is actually a very well known maker who was grinding blades for microtech at the height of his popularity. He is one of the few makers worth their salt that will still take on modding jobs.

3. Blade-fiend

Blade-fiend

Apr 11, 2013
    the knives that come to mind are Striders. Every one feels bigger in hand than it looks, even the PT. The SNG is probably more what you are looking for but they are on the expensive side but totally worth the coin IMO.

Here is my SNG with my Extrema MF0

2.jpg

4. twid

twid

Apr 7, 2009
    Paramilitary 1

5. GorillaFeet

GorillaFeet

Jun 17, 2012
    You may want to look at the Spyderco Manix 2 also.

6. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    I've thought about that. I member here on BF once posted his reground Spyderco Military. As I recall he broke the tip and reground it into a tanto. It looked great!

Striders are unfortunately too expensive. But that MFO looks great. How do you like it?

I've already got a Para 2 and a EDCF Manix 2. Both are great knives.

7. Franciscomv

Franciscomv

Feb 7, 2005
    You could try to hunt down an old Yojimbo .

8. Blade-fiend

Blade-fiend

Apr 11, 2013
    it actually feels pretty good in your hand specially considering how blocky their designs look. The only real complaint I have with it is it has a weak detent for being a flipper, other then that its pretty nice knife.

Another great option for short blade with a large feeling handle it the Boker Pipsqueak, its one of my favorite small knives but it feels large in your hand.

boker.jpg

9. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008

This is sound advice.

10. larrybar

larrybar

Nov 15, 2013
    For me a Delica is a full sized handle. Also, Emerson Mini CQC-7 and Cold Steel Tuff-lite.