Full size handle w. short blade

I'm looking for a folder with a full sized handle and a relatively short blade. I've already got the Extrema Ratio BF2 CDS "Pitbull" and I'm looking for something similar to that.

I've found the Emerson CQC-14 Snubby and although it's a tad expensive it looks like it fits the bill.

Any other options out there?

extremaratio-pitbull-wardog-pocketknives.jpg

Last edited:
honestly I would get any knife that you fancy and have any capable knife pimper/modifier and have them shorten the blade and either put a thicker edge on the tip like CRK does with its sebenza tantos or have the blade completely reground to look like it comes that way. Its not as expensive as you may think. I recommend reese weiland. I have had him regrind some blades and he does a really good job and at a decent price. He is actually a very well known maker who was grinding blades for microtech at the height of his popularity. He is one of the few makers worth their salt that will still take on modding jobs.

the knives that come to mind are Striders. Every one feels bigger in hand than it looks, even the PT. The SNG is probably more what you are looking for but they are on the expensive side but totally worth the coin IMO.

Here is my SNG with my Extrema MF0

2.jpg

honestly I would get any knife that you fancy and have any capable knife pimper/modifier and have them shorten the blade and either put a thicker edge on the tip like CRK does with its sebenza tantos or have the blade completely reground to look like it comes that way. Its not as expensive as you may think. I recommend reese weiland. I have had him regrind some blades and he does a really good job and at a decent price. He is actually a very well known maker who was grinding blades for microtech at the height of his popularity. He is one of the few makers worth their salt that will still take on modding jobs.

I've thought about that. I member here on BF once posted his reground Spyderco Military. As I recall he broke the tip and reground it into a tanto. It looked great!

the knives that come to mind are Striders. Every one feels bigger in hand than it looks, even the PT. The SNG is probably more what you are looking for but they are on the expensive side but totally worth the coin IMO.

Here is my SNG with my Extrema MF0

View attachment 405168

Striders are unfortunately too expensive. But that MFO looks great. How do you like it?

Paramilitary 1

You may want to look at the Spyderco Manix 2 also.

I've already got a Para 2 and a EDCF Manix 2. Both are great knives.

Striders are unfortunately too expensive. But that MFO looks great. How do you like it?

it actually feels pretty good in your hand specially considering how blocky their designs look. The only real complaint I have with it is it has a weak detent for being a flipper, other then that its pretty nice knife.

Another great option for short blade with a large feeling handle it the Boker Pipsqueak, its one of my favorite small knives but it feels large in your hand.

boker.jpg

This is sound advice.

For me a Delica is a full sized handle. Also, Emerson Mini CQC-7 and Cold Steel Tuff-lite.

Back