• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Full Tang Gaucho in 80CRV2 and Elk<SOLD>

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings fellow knifeknuts! Quite a while back this style from below the equator caught my eye so here’s a Gaucho blade up for your consideration. Hope you like it!

80CRV2 - Dimensions - .13” x 12” OAL and 7 3/8” from tip to bolsters and the height is 1 5/16”. There’s filework on the spine for a little latin flare! Hand sanded to 1200 grit for a clean satin finish. Paul Bos Heat Treat to 60/61. Balance is at the middle of the bolsters and the edge was near sharp before sharpening. The spine is well rounded for a comfortable thumb.

The handle features carbon steel backswept bolsters finished to 1200 grit and buffed, and a fine set of Elk scales. All pins are 3/32” copper tube with brass inserts. Pins are “just” proud on the scales. Finished with multiple coats of carnauba wax. The handle feels great in my left and right average size hand with room to spare.

The premium sheath features the real Gaucho man and is a snug fit with great retention yet easy to deploy. So even if you’re not gonna go Gaucho’ing anytime soon this would still make a terrific BBQ blade and be right at home anywhere knives are used.

20-27 1.jpg 20-27 2.jpg 20-27 3.jpg 20-27 4.jpg 20-27 5.jpg 20-27 6a.jpg 20-27 7a.jpg 20-27 8.jpg

Asking only $220 to your door, and of course your satisfaction is my only priority. I can accept paypal, check or MO, and the price includes fees and free shipping in the US.

Thanks so much for looking! Please feel free to comment, ask anything here or via PM.

John Cahoon

Thanks for all the kind words guys, this one is sold!

ETA I add a link to a youtube sharpness test here:

Last edited:
Would love to see this in a shorter blade length and in a spear point. Love the sheath. Maybe 5 inch blade. Not so needle-like in a traditional criollo pattern.

Last edited:
Spectacular knife. I am a big fan of Gaucho style knives. Great job on that sheath as well.

Thanks Bigfattyt Bigfattyt I almost always grind in pairs or more and I do have another ready to build if you're interested.

Back