Fun Friday Sale! Delta 3V Flipper!!!!!!!!

Still praying for a collab with Spyderco so we can see some Delta 3V folders. Whether it just a collab on putting D3V in an existing design like a Micarta Shaman or a Military (with Micarta), or an entirely new folder design. I love my K390, Cruwear, Z-wear, and Spydie Salts, but some with D3V would be next level awesome! Something like a Military with an optimized ht AEB-L blade would also be legit.

Still praying for a collab with Spyderco so we can see some Delta 3V folders. Whether it just a collab on putting D3V in an existing design like a Micarta Shaman or a Military (with Micarta), or an entirely new folder design. I love my K390, Cruwear, Z-wear, and Spydie Salts, but some with D3V would be next level awesome! Something like a Military with an optimized ht AEB-L blade would also be legit.

The Delta protocol may be incompatible with aspects of their manufacturing process. If using a high pressure atmosphere quench it helps to grind the primaries pre-heat treat in order to avoid a couple of specific problems related to quench rate and heat generated in post-HT grinding and they don't. The quench rates needed to consistently avoid stabilized retained austenite in a low tempered protocol isn't easy to achieve in a vacuum oven, and most ovens experience some temperature rebound which also stabilizes RA, necessitating the secondary hardening hump to decompose the RA into secondary martensite or other less shitty structures. And it doesn't take much of a slipup in automated grinding to hit a temperature that allows the matrix to relax around the nanoscopic eta carbides in optimally cryoed 3V enough to render their effect in stabilizing the matrix completely moot. But this manufacturing approach brings up the issue of keeping shaped parts straight which is very non-trivial. Also the oven layout isn't very compatible with higher volumes. I'd be very surprised if they were able to do this.

The Delta protocol may be incompatible with aspects of their manufacturing process. If using a high pressure atmosphere quench it helps to grind the primaries pre-heat treat in order to avoid a couple of specific problems related to quench rate and heat generated in post-HT grinding and they don't. The quench rates needed to consistently avoid stabilized retained austenite in a low tempered protocol isn't easy to achieve in a vacuum oven, and most ovens experience some temperature rebound which also stabilizes RA, necessitating the secondary hardening hump to decompose the RA into secondary martensite or other less shitty structures. And it doesn't take much of a slipup in automated grinding to hit a temperature that allows the matrix to relax around the nanoscopic eta carbides in optimally cryoed 3V enough to render their effect in stabilizing the matrix completely moot. But this manufacturing approach brings up the issue of keeping shaped parts straight which is very non-trivial. Also the oven layout isn't very compatible with higher volumes. I'd be very surprised if they were able to do this.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I’ll have to get someone to proxy for me in person for a Mighty Mark Folder at the next Blade Show :) There’s really no one better than the NinJo but she’ll be too busy taking up with the orders and counting the $. The CPK lads are unreliable louts and easily swayed / distracted by alcohol. Hmm! :D

You had to go and crush my dreams with a bunch of fancy metallurgy-speak now didn't you?? :confused:

Back