Fun Friday Sale! Three! CPK Classic, the 3" EDC, ground finish, Iron Wood

We periodically do runs of wood scales. I started with wood. I like wood. Sometimes I'll see some wood and think "hell, I should do a run of wood". Then the reality of machining wood scales in my CNC machine shop sets in (usually during the run) and I realize the folly of my thinking. Time goes by and my miserable glop of ageing pickled meat based computational matter looses a few bits and the process starts over again.

Looks like it's boiled down to:

- Moi
- Tex
&
- Unty
- Grennie

Last edited:
We periodically do runs of wood scales. I started with wood. I like wood. Sometimes I'll see some wood and think "hell, I should do a run of wood". Then the reality of machining wood scales in my CNC machine shop sets in (usually during the run) and I realize the folly of my thinking. Time goes by and my miserable glop of ageing pickled meat based computational matter looses a few bits and the process starts over again.

Wuh 'bout me? Imma tryin' ta Christmas shop here!

Haha! Your message was so inarticulate that I thought that you were passing your spot down as your Christmas present to another less fortunate member :p

But otherwise, I kinda now see what you did in there, i.e, if one ahead of you passes down till you make it, they'll get say a Shiv from you? I'm in :D

Haha! Your message was so inarticulate that I thought that you were passing your spot down as your Christmas present to another less fortunate member :p

But otherwise, I kinda now see what you did in there, i.e, if one ahead of you passes down till you make it, they'll get say a Shiv from you? I'm in :D
Wow, inarticulate. Okay, Uncle Matty, let me try again.

In seeing how many guys passed above me, yes, I would like to claim a B since it appears one is making it down that far. Like Oyster however; I already have a very nice one and do not want to claim the second for myself. I would on the other hand, like to take advantage of the good fortune, and pass along a little seasonal cheer to one of the other members of the CPK sub. My intent is to buy the knife and have Jo send it to me. From there, I would write a little note, wrap it in some nice paper with a bow and send it on as a nice surprise for a fellow CPKer I have in mind. Oh, don't worry, it wasn't going to you, wanted that to be clear too, you know I have trouble getting my point across. This has been my plan since scoring one for myself and why I have tried on the other sales for these Ironwood EDC2s.

The problem I have now, though, is that you determined Untytled was getting the third one, and for me to do what I intended, will screw him over. You and he may not feel that way, but it feels tainted to me now, and that is really unfortunate. I am unsure why you picked an order in the first place, Jo usually does a fine job all by herself, but I am certain you were just helping her out. Admittedly, I know you skipping me was my doing, you have already made me aware that it's because I cannot clearly communicate my thoughts, it is a shortcoming I have I guess. So, I will pass on this one, making the recipients as you have ordained, and try again in the upcoming Ironwood sales. Again, for clarity, I will not take a knife from this sale.

I hope this has cleared up what my intentions and thoughts were and are on the matter. I have done my best to be as articulate as possible. Thanks.

Wow, inarticulate. Okay, Uncle Matty, let me try again.

In seeing how many guys passed above me, yes, I would like to claim a B since it appears one is making it down that far. Like Oyster however; I already have a very nice one and do not want to claim the second for myself. I would on the other hand, like to take advantage of the good fortune, and pass along a little seasonal cheer to one of the other members of the CPK sub. My intent is to buy the knife and have Jo send it to me. From there, I would write a little note, wrap it in some nice paper with a bow and send it on as a nice surprise for a fellow CPKer I have in mind. Oh, don't worry, it wasn't going to you, wanted that to be clear too, you know I have trouble getting my point across. This has been my plan since scoring one for myself and why I have tried on the other sales for these Ironwood EDC2s.

The problem I have now, though, is that you determined Untytled was getting the third one, and for me to do what I intended, will screw him over. You and he may not feel that way, but it feels tainted to me now, and that is really unfortunate. I am unsure why you picked an order in the first place, Jo usually does a fine job all by herself, but I am certain you were just helping her out. Admittedly, I know you skipping me was my doing, you have already made me aware that it's because I cannot clearly communicate my thoughts, it is a shortcoming I have I guess. So, I will pass on this one, making the recipients as you have ordained, and try again in the upcoming Ironwood sales. Again, for clarity, I will not take a knife from this sale.

I hope this has cleared up what my intentions and thoughts were and are on the matter. I have done my best to be as articulate as possible. Thanks.

I knew that I could bait you to put that fine law degree of yours in much better use. Mission accomplished :D

P.S. I did screw up in a major way and for that I feel very badly. It wasn't even my call so Nathan / Jo may decide to punish me as they wish. How about self banishment for 24 hours? OK, how about 3 days? One week?!!! :eek:

Sh*t, I turned this Fun Friday Sale into a sh*t show, didn't I??? Over stepping boundaries and opening my big mouth, grrrrrr! Now, Grennie is all pissed at me. This leaves me with a Gandhi-esque option:

If and when it comes to proxying for a UF, how about I throw Tommy under the bus and go for Grennie for my atonement? Hmm, food for thought!

^ Dunno. Maybe the famous CPK community can help everyone out of this pickle and bring back the good feelings. Maybe the fast guns (I got very lucky today) can agree to all give it a shot in the next round for whichever of the two gentlemen ultimately misses out in this one?

Sounds good Mat, nice of you the share the love with your fellow man.

It’s all good. I personally feel that my spot should go to Untytled and that Grennie ought to stay where he is at but I think that I really ought to shuddup and quit while behind :D

Not entirely sure what just transpired here. I came back into the thread just now to check the comments cuz there's usually some pretty funny stuff posted after the dust settles and didn't want to miss out on some laughs.

Instead it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster lol! (Did I or didn't I) hmmmmm..... o_O

No worries tho. You guys do what you had intended with them. I was already under the assumption I'd have to try another attempt at next week's sale. So be it. Let the chips fall where they may.

Not entirely sure what just transpired here. I came back into the thread just now to check the comments cuz there's usually some pretty funny stuff posted after the dust settles and didn't want to miss out on some laughs.

Instead it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster lol! (Did I or didn't I) hmmmmm..... o_O

No worries tho. You guys do what you had intended with them. I was already under the assumption I'd have to try another attempt at next week's sale. So be it. Let the chips fall where they may.

Frequently men interact with each other with insults, but they don't mean it (Hey ya dumb c*nt!). Women interact with each other with compliments, and they don't mean it either (you look nice today).

There was a misunderstanding where a person got a knife in the sale and said "someone's getting a nice Christmas present" and meant that literally. Someone misread that as meaning "merry Christmas, the next in line can have my spot". That's Matty. Poor Matty, he stepped in it. And, as men frequently do, when he has corrected he made no attempt to chose his words carefully (because he's amongst friends here) so he called someone "inarticulate". It was a friendly jab that didn't land right. That person wasn't inarticulate so he felt a little offended and clarified. About then Matty sobered up a little and felt bad. The end.

Grenock got the 3rd knife, end of story. There is a 4th knife finished hanging on a nail that just needs sharpened, so Jo will fix this situation. I hope everybody feels better this morning and we can return to our normally scheduled knuckleheaded tomfoolery.

You're okay Matty, everyone understands you have special needs. :thumbsup:

^ I just had to come out of my temporary self banishment to chime: HOLY FIG THATS ARTICULATE :D

BTW, who knew that Nathan was both a relationship expert in addition to having expertise in those with special needs? Evil genius you say? Gah baloney! More like the genius angel :p

I found the "Uncle Matty" goat!

ClHE7Hj.gif

Back